{5} Meeting Scotty

CHAPTER FIVE - Meeting Scotty

     After a great nights sleep in (Y/N)'s guest bed, it was now the day that (Y/N) meets Scotty. Going into the living room, you could already tell she was nervous, but she has the willingness to try, and that's all I need.

     "Ready? Ready? Ready?" I sing, obviously getting on her nerves.

     "John," She looks at me with a stern look, and I smile.

     "...Ready?"

      We quickly got out the door and into the car to drive to the airport. She asked if I would drive because of how fuzzy her brain is from being anxious.

     On the way, she watched Smii7y, me, and a few others play UNO. She has told me she watches my videos to calm her down, and recently, Smii7y's videos also. Ironically, Scotty was in the video too, which was probably planned on her part. I smile gently, looking over at her, and she smiles back anxiously.

     "Come on, you'll be fine," I say, holding out my hand. She takes it as I pull into the parking lot. We park, and (Y/N) doesn't say a word. Instead, she hesitantly gets out of the car. Scotty texted me he has landed about 10 minutes ago, so I bet he's ready to go.

     I pull out my vlog camera, and (Y/N) smiles worryingly. "(Y/N), I'm right here," I say, throwing my arm around her. "You got this."

     We walk in, and after a couple of steps, I see Scotty with his luggage, just casually watching his phone, probably waiting for us to say we are here. "(Y/N), he's over there," I point out.

     "OH MY GODD AHHHH!" she groans, shoving her face into my chest.

     "All you have to do is walk a couple of steps, say his name, and say hi. Then I'll hop in, okay?" I say, trying to ease her into it. As long as she tries a little bit to do something by herself, I think she is on the route to being able to talk to others by herself.

     "Fuck this," she mumbles under her breath, forcing herself to walk up to him. I laugh, holding the vlog camera up and hitting record.

     "S-S-Scotty?" she squeaks. I laugh at her embarrassed face as Scotty whips around.

     "(Y/N)! Hi!" He says as she jumps back at his loud voice. Scotty immediately looks worried. "I'm so sorry. I'm so hyper after sleeping from the long flights," he says in an almost whisper as he opens his hands out for a hug. (Y/N) smiles gently as she hugs him back.

     "It's o-ok. I'm just a little nervous as always," she says sheepishly, looking at her shoes. I smile as I shut off the camera and walk over to them. She did amazing.

     After she sees me walk over, she immediately runs by my side. She looked fucking terrified but had a pretty big grin on her face.

     "(Y/N)," I chuckle, pulling her into my side. She laughs as well but stays by me.

     "It's okay. I get what it's like to be shy. I used to be just like you before I had to be outgoing for this YouTube stuff," he chuckled warmly, "Trust me, it gets easier with time."

     "I'm new to this meet-ten-people-in-a-week thing," (Y/N) stutters as Scotty and I laugh.

     After talking for a bit, Scotty walks over to me to give me a typical bro hug. "How are you doing, buddy?"

     "Amazing! I had the best night's sleep last night," I reply with a grin. "Well, Scotty, ready to head out?" I ask as he nods. We all run out of the airport and hop into (Y/N)'s car.

(Y/N)'s P.O.V)

     The ride home was actually okay. We all talked, and John made it really easy for me to join in. Maybe I can do this? As we arrive at my house, we helped carry Scotty's luggage in.