Chapter 1: The Child

Hello, I'm Adrian Ozryth. I apologize for this inconvenient message and would like to inform you that you are welcome to skip it at any time, but reading this one paragraph will greatly help this story progress. I would like to encourage or welcome you to (at any point in the story) give feedback regarding what you think of it. I am not asking for compliments or votes, but these are all free stories FOR the readers, and any ongoing or future projects will benefit from feedback, positive or even constructive criticism. By providing details either on private messages, the community forum pages (preferred) or on posts, you can let me, as a writer; know what the people want more or less of, and how to create a better experience. Chat me up, I'm here to provide and help.

Not all suggestions can be accommodated, but the general consensus will guide the story to what the readers and fans would like to see, otherwise I'm just guessing. The more genuine and detailed your feedback, the better future episodes, chapters and stories will be. Consider this a choose your own adventure page, where all new writing is ultimately determined by the reader.

I greatly appreciate and value your opinions and feedback equally, thank you for suffering through one droning bit of community propaganda, as well as whatever adverts wattpad placed in the writing experience, that I am currently trying to get removed, but is likely part of the free book experience they wont allow me to get rid of. Sorry, I was not aware that was a thing, and hopefully it won't be if I ask...but it probably will be.

Please continue to read and enjoy the content, you will not see this message again within this story. If you have seen it in another story, please proceed or skip.

                                                                          Chapter 1:

A little girl, perhaps 14 years old, darted through the faint wisp of snow covering the barren ground. The faint sound of equal parts wind and human voices wafted through the cold air as it bit the exposed skin. She was scooped up by a young mother, given a look of frivolous scolding, complete with a half smile and muttering of words in a form of ancient Pre-Mongolian. She carried her child back to the Ger where they lived, a small house of timber and animal hide. A native man with a grey beard greeted his daughter as she rushed in to hug him. He hugged her back and muttered something, shooing her out to play so he could talk to her mother in private. She looked far more concerned than he did.

"He cannot go to the trade village again, Etlaan." she sighed softly, trying not to wake the boy as he hid under his fur blanket and pretended to sleep.

"He is a good hunter, he must learn to trade for his kills in the village." he encouraged proudly.

"He cannot be allowed to roam alone. He is not like us." she encouraged.

"He is my son. Child of the gods or child of my seed, Khoi is mine to raise and teach. The Prophesy demands it, and I care for him as my own." he insisted.

"He is not of us. I love him as you do, but the others do not understand. He is not safe." she insisted.

"He will learn to go beyond this village; he is not destined to be a nomad or a poor farmer, merely because he was given to them." he said slightly irritated, as if they had this conversation before. The blankets moved slightly as the boy's adopted father looked back. Odd for a boy to sleep in his boots and clothing.