𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦

𝘨𝘪𝘢

i woke up hot, and uncomfortable.

when i went to sit up i realized why, there was a body beside me attached to mine.

i looked over and saw jack. he must've come home with me last night after the performance at the club.

i felt my hair sticking to the back of my neck and my head started throbbing. i groaned and gently peeled jack's arm from my stomach at slowly got off the bed.

i went into my bathroom and shut the door. as soon as i saw my reflection i nearly gagged.

i looked awful. my makeup was runny and smeared everywhere, my hair was nappy and frizzy.

i started a lukewarm shower and got out my makeup wipes to try and remove all of this mess. once i removed it good enough i stripped from my clothes and stepped into the shower.

i washed my hair, making sure to use a little extra conditioner. i scrubbed my face and my body as thoroughly as i could to try an wash's way all the ickiness. once i was done i got out and wrapped a towel around my body and squeezed the water out of my hair with a towel that was hung up.

i brushed my teeth and got two Advil from the drawer and took them with some tap water.

i brushed my hair and ran some leave-in conditioner through it. i applied lotion and deodorant before going to grab my clothes.

"oh fuck."

i didn't get any clothes before i got in the shower.

i slowly opened the bathroom door, a shirtless jack was sprawled across my bed, sound asleep.

i tiptoed out of the bathroom and over to my dresser. i quietly pulled out some underwear and a bra. i pulled out some thin sweats and went to get a tee shirt out of my closet.

as soon as i turned back to the bathroom my phone started ringing, very loudly. i ran on my tiptoes over to the nightstand, dangerously close to jack, and then ran back on my tiptoes to the bathroom.

i answered it as i locked the door behind me.

"good morning gia! did i wake you?" i heard mrs. gilinsky chirp through the phone.

i put my phone on speaker as i set it on the counter and started getting dressed.

"i actually just got out of the shower, starting my day earlier than usual." i chuckled.

"oh well that's great. i was just wondering if you'd heard anything from jack? he isn't answering my calls and he was supposed to come see me after the show last night."

shit.

"um he's here, actually. i had a little bit too much to drink last night and he brought me home."

"oh, okay then. well i'm glad you two got home safely. how was the performance?"

"it was really good, everyone enjoyed it including myself."

"that's good, i'm glad to hear it. but okay, here's the real question. would you mind watching vincent for the weekend? we have to give my mother in law a tour of the city and she wants to go wine tasting for some reason."

"of course i will. what time do you want me there Friday?"

"we were all going to go get lunch as a family at 2 so be there at 1:30."

"wait you want me to go to lunch with you guys?"

"well that is what i said isn't it?" she said chuckling.

"right, just making sure. but i will gladly be there."

as she hung up i mentally face palmed myself. i should've just told her jack went to a friends house afterwards, but then maybe she would've worried more.

i didn't want to lie to her, i respected her too much. i hope she doesn't get the wrong idea of me and jack.

we didn't do anything. at least i'm pretty sure we didn't. i woke up fully clothed and he still had on his pants, so that means something right? right.

i hung up my towel and opened the bathroom door. jack was sitting up against the wall on my bed, going through his phone.

"your mom was looking for you."

"did you tell her where i was?"

"well yeah. i hate lying."

he nodded.

"gia we need to talk." he said while putting his phone on my nightstand.

oh god. he patted the spot next to him on the bed and i cautiously walked over and sat next to him.

"what's up?"

"you told me some things last night and i want you to know what you told me."

fuck fuck fuck.

"okay?"

"you told me that nate used to be verbally abusive to you. you told me he used to tell you that nobody else would see you how he did, and that's why you always ran back to him. along with a lot of other things."

"jack i was drunk and-"

"don't defend him. did he really do those things to you?"

"i mean, it doesn't matter now. i'm okay now. we went through a lot, and he was going through a lot with his dad when we were together."

"you're still defending him gia."

i silently looked down at my legs, crossed on top of my white comforter.

"do you not fucking get it gia? can you not get it through your thick fucking skull?" nate yelled.

i flinched as his voice became louder and louder.

"i'm sorry! i didn't mean to mess with your stuff i was just looking for a shirt."

"no you weren't, you were snooping through my shit being a nosey bitch! you know you're lucky to have me, if you didn't have me you wouldn't have anybody! you realize that? you realize how hard you are to be with? you're always looking for something to pin against me!"

"i'm sorry!" i yelled back at him.

he roughly grabbed my arm and pushed me against the wall, "don't you ever raise your voice at me again!"

"gia? gia are you okay?"

i looked up and saw jack and sat up, leaning over towards me with his hand on either side of my face.

i felt tears pooling in my eyes.

"what did he do to you?"