𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘦𝘯

𝘨𝘪𝘢

today was the day i was supposed to go to lunch with mrs. gilinsky and her family.

i was nervous, i have been on family outings with them but never with this many family members.

it's been two days since jack confronted me about what i said to him about how nate treated me. we haven't talked much besides occasional texts and goodnight phone calls.

it was currently 12 o'clock and i figured i better start getting ready. i had already taken a shower and blow dried my hair, so maybe i should straighten it.

i plugged in my flight iron as i looked through my closet for an appropriate but cute outfit.

i decided on a silk lilac button up with short sleeves, some light washed jeans, and some nude heels. i put on a white lace bra and then the rest of my outfit. i decided to wear some pearl earrings and a gold necklace with my initial on it.

i straightened my hair then applied some light makeup, mascara, eyebrows, blush, and lip gloss. i sprayed on some perfume and then checked the time, 1:00. perfect.

i unplugged everything and turned off all of the lights. i grabbed my keys and my purse. as i was walking to the parking lot i dialed mrs. gilinsky and let her know i was on my way.

i played some music before eventually parking in their driveway. i parked behind david's truck considering mrs. gilinsky's suv was the vehicle they drive everywhere.

i grabbed my purse, keys, and put my phone in my back pocket as i walked up to the front door. i unlocked it and walked inside.

"gg's here!" i heard vincent yell before i felt a tackle worthy hug at my legs. i laughed before setting my keys down and picking him up.

"thank god.. you're here.." mrs. gilinsky said, out of breathe.

judging by the half dressed vincent and the breathless mother crouched in front of me holding a blue button up, she's been chasing him around trying to get him dressed.

i laughed before telling her i got it and taking the shirt from her hands. she thanked me before walking back to her room to continue getting ready. i sat down on the couch and stood vincent up in front of me.

"you know why you should get dressed?" i asked.

"why? oh i know, i shouldn't!" he said sticking his tongue out. i playfully rolled my eyes and grabbed his hands.

"nope. it's so you can pick up all the girls at the restaurant."

"oh you think so?" he asked excitedly, vincent was definitely a ladies man.

"oh i know so."

he eagerly took the shirt from my hands and put it on, allowing me to button it up. i tucked it into his khaki shorts and folded his collar.

"handsome as ever."

"can we take a selfie?"

"of course."

i pulled my phone out of my back pocket as he crawled into my lap. i opened snapchat held my phone out in front of us, he made a silly face and i smiled.

"that's going to be my new wallpaper!"

"oh really? awesome! but i gotta go finish my lego house so see you later." he said before quickly running down the hallway.

i captioned the picture 'brunch with my baby' then posted it to my story.

i stood up and saw jack walk into the living room, adjusting the bow tie around his neck.

"need some help?" i suggested meekly.

"yes actually." he walked over to me and tilted his head up, giving me better access to the poorly tied bow tie.

i untied it and then retied it, leaving his neck a comfortable amount of room but also making the bow tie appear to be in perfect place.

"thank you gia. you look pretty." he said looking at me.

"thank you." he was still looking at me, i felt my face flush as i shifted uncomfortably in his gaze.

"alright guys, we're going to take the suv and you two can take whoever's car. that way we won't be crowded." mrs. gilinsky said as she put in her other earring.

"no fair! i want to ride with gg!"

"gg?" david's mother said as she came around the corner.

"oh! elizabeth this is gia, she's our babysitter and one of jack's old friends from high school."

i looked at jack with a raised eyebrow, referring to the last part. he winked.

"the girl he was home alone with when i arrived?" she said skeptically as she eyed me. i felt my face flush.

"actually nana, she was cleaning up my mess from the night before." jack intervened. she said nothing but 'hmph.' in return before walking out of the front door.

"don't pay her any mind, she's rude." mrs. gilinsky said putting her hand on my shoulder. i nodded as we all went outside and filed into their designated cars.