~Blue and Green~

"Noun. noctifer m (genitive noctiferī); second declension. bringer of night. evening star"

~~~~~

Cameron Noctifer Dark was the name given to him at birth.

But few knew this name.

People were more familiar with the singular phrase 'Noctifer, ' but they favored not to ever hear it in their lives.

If you did... then it was never good.

The world trembled under his feet like he was a titan, a god whose regalness was anything but merciful.

No one saw his face nor knew of his identity but merely knew him as a godly man covered in tattoos with...the bluest of eyes.

Like pervenche and cerulean sapphires coated in the aquamarines of the arctic.

Be careful of these alluring eyes...you'll drown if you go too deep.

People never speak of his face, as he is always hidden by the dark, and no one is given a chance to get a glimpse. They were grateful to be deprived of the curse to see his face. If they did...they would not live to tell the story. 

But if people did get to see a glimpse of him, they'd see his dark tattoos.

But...one tattoo is too vivid and unique amongst the others that no soul ever witnessed to set their eyes upon.  

A pair of green eyes inked on his back were the only colored ink on his body.

Eyes so green like emeralds with hues of the brightest of evergreen trees. An array of jade mixed with depths of chartreuse.

Eyes so green...

It was the only color among the dark tattoos.

No one knew the tale behind the dark memories behind those eyes. The last time he saw those eyes was the last happy memory he had.

The last memory of her.

~~~~~~

Ariella Lilac Grey was her name.

Trouble seemed to always lurk behind her as a persistent shadow...but more like a companion to compliment her loneliness.

Contrary to Notcifer...everyone took every chance to get a glimpse of her.

They were drawn to the mystery that always seemed to surround her. They wanted to break down those walls and be the first to see what hid behind the stone barriers. She always seemed more than what she actually was. 

People didn't see what she saw every day in the mirror.

They didn't see the scars on her rather fair-tanned skin...

But they did see the bright blonde hair that was close to a platinum shade, that was always kept at a neat mid-length. They saw those dull green eyes that had lost a certain spark but still maintained their evergreen-jade glow. That face that people saw as magnificent, was almost always painted in bruises and blood.

No one knew her but they acted like they knew what she had been through. What she had survived.

She had escaped that horrid place 6 years ago with no intention of going back. To ensure her safety and privacy, she had made sure to keep to herself and not get involved with anyone including not having friends that may sell her out.

Yes, it was no secret that she was more than lonely but she knew it was best.

She would rather die than go back to them.

It didn't help that she lived in the heart of New York City and avoiding people was harder than she thought.

But working as the most accomplished writer in the country had its perks. Her pay rate was more than satisfactory with making 6-figures a month.

But money can't buy happiness and Ariella and Noctifer knew that best. Opposites were about to attract and cross paths while changing everything they ever knew.

Betrayal would blossom in extraordinary places.

Death and danger would lurk behind their backs...ready to strike at any given moment.

Pain and misery will thrive in the darkest corners.

And wicked lies will torment and pull at heartstrings.

But most of all...sin would capture their souls.

The darkest sins.

~

(A/N): Word Count: 750

Chapters will get longer as the story progresses! Let me know if there is anything I can improve on in the comments. Please comment and vote!

This story does have a badass female lead like my other story but give it time so Ariella can develop into that. She won't be tough right off the bat but I have some things planned that will make her character develop into that. Just be patient with me, please.

I love you all!