𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘭𝘦𝘷𝘦𝘯

𝘨𝘪𝘢

me and jack decided to take my car. he offered to drive.

i was sitting in the passenger seat staring out of the window as he drove with one hand on the wheel and his right arm resting on the center console.

"are you okay gia?" he asked, taking me by surprise.

"yeah, why?"

"because i know me bringing up has made you think about it, and i just wanted to make sure you understand that what he did was wrong. you didn't deserve that."

"i know jack, thank you." i said, i gave him a small smile as i looked back out of the window, watching as he slowed to a red light.

"hey," he turned to me and gently set his hand on my thigh, "you know if you ever need anything you can call me, right?"

"i know, same for you." i said, hoping my face wasn't as red as a cherry.

he moved his hand away as the light changed, leaving my left thigh cold. he pulled into the parking lot of the country club and parked my car next to his mom's. we got out and vincent ran over to us, grabbing his hand and mine.

"alright, jack no mimosas for you, you too david. everyone be polite. also, jack be nice to the women they haven't seen you in a long time so be prepared for a lot of questions." lisa said as she locked arms with david. jack nodded as we followed them inside.

"oh lisa!" i heard, i turned to see three women, about her age, walk over to us as we entered.

"hi elle, diane, jenn." she said as she gave each one of them a side hug.

"is that my jack i see?" elle said moving around lisa and david. vincent let go of jack's hand and hid behind my legs.

"in the flesh." he smiled.

"oh come here!" she said as she hugged him.

"is this your girlfriend? oh and who is this little guy? is he yours?" she asked looking up to me, vincent buried his face in the back of my legs, moving away from the woman.

"oh no this is gia, my friend and this is vincent my little brother." jack said. the lady nodded.

"vincent why don't you say hello?" lisa said as she kneeled down beside him. he shook his head no and wrapped his arms around my legs.

"he's shy, hang on." i bent down and faced vincent.

"she's very nice, i'm sure it would make her very happy if you said hello vinny." i said brushing his hair back into place.

"you sure?" he whispered, i nodded.

"i'm sure." he turned back to the lady and waved, muttering a small, 'hi.'

"oh how precious, come sit with us!" she said standing back up and walking to a table.

vincent pulled on my shirt and i picked him up. i followed lisa and david, jack following behind me.

"can i sit beside you and gg?" vincent asked jack.

"sure thing buddy."

once we reached the table david pulled up some chairs. jack pulled out my chair, and vincent crawled into the one on my left. jack sitting beside vincent. david and lisa sat across the table, david's mother sat on the end.

a waiter came by and handed us some menus, they all started small talk as i looked over the kids menu with vincent. i opened my purse and pulled out a small pack of crayons, so he could color on it.

"you carry around crayons in your purse?" david asked me. i looked up and felt my face warm as i noticed everyone was looking at me.

"oh yeah, well, vincent likes to color on the menus or the napkins and he says the crayons they give him are weird so i just bring his own pack anytime we go eat." i said quickly. i looked over at david's mom and noticed her face was covered in judgement.

"isn't that sweet! vincent is very lucky to have you." one of lisa's friend says. i uttered a small thank you before going back to looking at the menu for vincent.

"do you know what you want to eat?" lisa asked him.

"gg knows." he said while not looking up from his drawing. once again, everyone was looking at me.

"grilled cheese." i said. lisa smiled at me but then looked back at her menu, she almost looked... sad.

"what are you getting?" jack asked me.

"probably an omelet. what about you?" i said laying my menu down.

"smoked salmon." he said, still looking at me.

i pulled out my phone and texted him,

me
stop staring at me weirdo

jack
i can't admire a pretty girl?

i looked back up at him and he was already looking at me. he winked at he took a sip of his water.

i looked back down at my phone and typed,

me
no you can't so stop it

i heard him chuckle as the waiters came back to take our orders and give them an alcohol menu, i politely declined a glass of champagne.

so jack thought i was pretty?