𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘷𝘦

𝘫𝘢𝘤𝘬

as we all were finishing our food i was noticing my grandma kept sending gia bad looks. it was starting to piss me off, especially since gia has done literally nothing.

"nana can i talk to you right quick?" i asked politely. i noticed gia look back and forth between us as we both stood up from the table and walked outside onto the balcony near the golf course.

"how come you keep looking at gia like that?"

"like what sweetie?"

"like she's done something bad or something. you know what i'm talking about." i said crossing my arms and looking at her.

"i just have a bad feeling about her. she treats vincent like he's her child and that just doesn't sit right with me."

"nana she's been caring for vincent for almost three months. she watches him at least twice a week, and almost always on the weekends. he trusts her and he is definitely more comfortable around her than anyone else in this family. it's not her fault mom and dad are never there for him." i said, trying my best to keep my composure. she nodded.

"i understand, but she's overstepping boundaries. she needs to understand that lisa is his mother, not her."

"she knows that nana. it's not like she's manipulating vincent to be attached to her, she's always around, so he's grown attached to her."

"well maybe she shouldn't be around as much."

"i'm sorry to interrupt but lisa said we're almost ready to leave." i turned and saw gia standing there, her head down, fiddling with her fingers.

my nana looked at her then back at me before walking back to the table.

"how much of that did you hear?" i asked her.

"just the part where she doesn't want me around." i walked over to her and lifted her face by her chin.

"i don't know what her problem is, but just ignore her. you're one of the best things to have happened to my baby brother. he needs you." i said. she nodded and i pulled her to me, hugging her, i pulled away and grabbed her hand as i led her back to the table.

we sat down as the waiters came by to clear the table. mom seems to have had a few too many mimosas as she leaned on my dads shoulder.

"are we leaving yet? i'm tired!" vincent said to me.

"yeah we're leaving soon."

i made eye contact with my mom and motioned for her to look at vincent. as if she just realized something she stood up from the table and announced our departure.

"come here vincent." my mom said, vincent looked at gia before walking over to mom. she picked him up as she kissed all of her friends goodbye on the cheek then walked out of the door, us following in suit.

"we'll meet you two back at the house. gia if you would like you can go by your apartment and pick up some things, we've actually decided to stay an extra day to try and close the deal." my dad said. gia nodded and thanked him as they got in the car and drove off.

"i'll drive." gia said as she held her hand out for the car keys.

i took them out of my pocket and held them above my head.

"get them." she crossed her arms, and give me a 'really?' look.

"if you wanted to drive my sexy maxima you could've just asked." she said as she walked over to her side of the car.

"as if." i said as i got in the drivers side.

"why does your grandma not like me?" she asked looking at me.

"well, she thinks you and vincent are too close. apparently it doesn't sit right with her."

"well then maybe she should babysit him since it bothers her so much." she muttered, sinking into her seat.

"did i just hear sass from the gia?" i said surprisingly.

"i mean no offense of course." she said quickly.

i chuckled as i pulled into the parking lot of her apartment building. we got out and headed inside of the building. we got in the elevator and she pressed the '4' button.

i looked over at her and couldn't stop admiring how gorgeous she was. her dark brown hair fell perfectly down her back, her freckles dotted her face in perfect alignment, she was shorter than me, but not that short. probably about 5"7? her big hazel eyes were so captivating.

she looked over at me and i felt my face heat up and i quickly looked away.

what was going on with me?