Empty Hospital Bed

"I hate dancing.  I never danced. I hate music, I hate anything that had rhythm. I hate songs, I hate everything that had melodies and what not. But then I realized I'm starting to love the things I hate. I hate you."

His smile grew wider. The wind bellows, sending chills and shivers down my spine. I could feel my heart breaking free from its rib cage. My mind is a hazy terrain of twirled and twisted possibilities. He leaned closer, inches,  to centimeters, till the slightest gap, he whispered huskily. The words I always hear but faintly remembered.

"Love is a death trap. I had falling deeply unto you. And there's no turning back. I lost myself in the dwindling thoughts of you. I fell off . Dazed and fazed to the point of no return. "

It was like nothing mattered but our next breath fanning against our faces.

"Love is a death trap. That prestine moment you thought will be your last. At the spur of the moment you'd do anything to survive. But, if love is a death trap, I had died the moment my gaze held yours. "

I'm not sure if this time won't hurt, or if it's going to be the best thing that'll happen yet.

"You're fancy. "

" You're welcome. I only get fancy if I choose you. I mean to. Lucky you. "

" I thought I'd hate accidents."

"Don't we all? "

"Except for one. "

"Like--"

" Accidentally falling for you. "

If love is a gamble, I'll be his  gambler.

I hope this one doesn't hurt.

I hope this one works.

I hope this one...

I hope he's the one.

And in a million possible tomorrows, I'd still choose you.

In a thousand  possible futures, I'd always run back to you.

Darling, it's you. It will always be you.

•••

Hi! Please vote. Happy Reading!🌺