A little trick

The massive bell rang from the belltower and its chime echoed throughout the buildings of the military academy. The morning lessons have finished. Large crowds of students rushed out of the main building and through the front gate to spend their short leisure time in the city.

Yet on the opposite side of the building a door has opened. Out into the sunshine emerged a young and elegant woman wearing a white dress with tight top and loose knee-long skirt. A diagonal red stripe spiraling down from her shoulder all the way to the bottom fittingly complemented her red hair.

Wealla Elenia stepped forward, the high heels of her boots clicking and clacking on the stairs as she descended. Clutching the study materials to her large chest she headed over the stone bridge to the neighboring office building. The thoughts of her first lesson still captivated her mind, making her ignore all the passing students and other teachers.

I’ll never be teaching again, she thought to herself with a smile. But I have to, haha! Shouldn’t’ve signed up just because I was curious. Although I have a class full of guys. Nice young guys, actually, barely twenty in age. Doesn’t even seem like they’ve learned anything. But then again, military ethics is barely an interesting subject.

She paused for a moment and slapped herself in the forehead as the realization dawned upon her.

Of course, it’s because they keep staring at my chest. Even think I don’t notice, pretending as if they weren’t. Those silly boys!

As she walked on a feeling of self-satisfaction and pride filled her body.

Who is their profligate teacher? I am! All eyes are on me!

She could feel the goosebumps across all of her skin.

I can’t take it. All their lust is burning me on the inside. I need to let it out or I’ll go crazy.

Wealla laughed out loud thus earning few strange looks from the passers-by. But she didn’t care. It felt good to change the frontlines of war for the careless and promiscuous environment of the military academy. The unending bloodshed has been replaced by games of sexual tension between her and younger males. Being a noble in her position enabled her to switch occupation whenever she felt like. But she wasn’t sure for how long she could take it, her arrogant and aggressive demeanor deserved its due. A talk had to be made with the principal now.

The man Wealla knew only as the principal was waiting for her in his office. His looks were classic, a black suit contrasted with his gray hair. Despite being blind he could still see Wealla entering the room. His magic vision allowed him to see despite the black velvet band over his eyes.

Wealla often wished she could’ve learned the same technique but often magic abilities took many years to invent and perfect. She didn’t have enough patience for that. In her home she had a large painting of herself and her mentor Hadrianna having a pint of fire beer on top of a pile of smoking corpses.

Below the painting was inscribed ‘carpe diem’ in large letters. After discovering the uncertainty of life at war Wealla thought fit of using this phrase from an ancient poem to remind her how to live.

She stopped before the principal, put her left hand on her belly and bowed.

The man has leaned back in his chair and crossed his arms on his chest while rubbing his beard.

“Lady Wealla,” he spoke with a dry but wise voice. A corner of his mouth lifted up in a smile.

He made a brief pause. A little deal existed between the two of them. The principal would never ask her questions and Wealla would speak by herself. It took her that moment to recall it after her first teaching experience.