𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘴𝘪𝘹𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝘨𝘪𝘢

i woke up the next morning to sunshine penetrating my eyelids.

i turned my ahead away from the window, and came face to face with a sleeping jack.

he was laying flat on his back, his right arm under my head, his face flat against the pillow, his dark hair fell every which way, and his mouth slightly agape.

he looked beautiful like this, like he was sculpted by the hand of god himself. i knew it was weird to stare at him this way, but i couldn't help it.

memories of last night came flooding into my mind and i bit my lip to keep a goofy smile from forming. what did this mean? was it just a hook up to him?

memories of jack in high school also came to mind. how he treated girls, used them for a one night stand, then disappeared the next day and never spoke to them again. he said he had changed, but how much did he change?

my mood was quickly altered with the thoughts of me being just a one night stand to jack. i shouldn't be this hurt, i mean i haven't developed feelings for him right? just because we had sex that doesn't mean he's tied to me, so i have no reason to expect such feelings right?

i sat up in the bed and pulled the sheet over my chest.

memories of waking up with nate beside me flooding my mind unwillingly. how he would wake up before me, get dressed, and leave.

i felt the mattress shift behind me and realized jack must've been waking up. i heard him groan then i felt the bed dip.

"good morning." he said as he brushed my hair over one shoulder, then kissed the bare skin on the other one.

he wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me into his chest. he lightly kissed my jaw, then pulled away to look at me.

"hey what's wrong?" he asked.

"was i just a one night stand?" i choked out, my voice breaking.

"gia-"

"just tell me jack. if i was i can take it, but i can't take a lie."

"i didn't exactly plan to have sex with you last night, but when i started kissing you, i wasn't planning on stopping until you told me to. so i guess whether it was a one night stand depends on how you feel. if i made you uncomfortable or if i made you feel pressured, then i'm sorry and i understand if you don't want it to happen again, but it definitely wasn't a one night stand to me."

i turned to face him. i did want it to happen again. i wanted him to touch me that way again, i wanted him to kiss me that way again. so was what he said implying he felt the same? that he wanted it again too.

"look at me babydoll," he said as he brushed my hair behind my ear, "you mean more to me than just a hook up."

he lightly kissed my forehead, and when he pulled away i was doing everything i could to suppress a smile.

"promise?"

"promise. now come here!" he pulled me to him and laid down on his side, me on my back. he propped himself on his elbow and drew small shapes along my collarbones.

"how about we take a shower, then make breakfast?" i asked shyly, feeling heat rise to my face as he looked at me surprisingly.

"say less." he smiled before picking me up bridal style and carrying me into his bathroom.

he set me down on the counter then walked to his shower and turned on the water, steam quickly filling the bathroom.

as i put on some sweats and a tee shirt i couldn't stop thinking about last night.

i walked out of the guest room and opened vincent's door, surprisingly he was still asleep.

i walked into the kitchen and got out the pancake mix, as i was mixing the batter i felt two strong arms wrap around my waist from behind.

"hello." i said to jack as he layed his head on my shoulder.

"hello pretty."

i blushed at the nickname.

"vincent should be waking up soon, will you start the eggs?" i asked him as i poured the pancake batter onto the griddle.

"sure."

he opened the fridge and got out the eggs, along with a pan from under the counter. he cracked an egg and added it to the heated pan and began scrabbling it.

i took this time to look at him. he damp hair falling down into his face, almost reaching his eyes. the muscles in his arms contracting as he moved the spatula.

"the pancakes burning." he said without even looking at me. i quickly turned around and examined the pancake, it wasn't burning but it did need to flip.

i turned around to call him out on being stupid but when i did i came face first into a handful of flour. as the powder stuck to my face and to my wet hair i couldn't even be aggravated due to his eruption of laughter.

i think this is the first time i head jack laugh a genuine laugh. it was angelic but contagious, so i eventually started laughing too.

"why are guys laughing and why does gia have flour all over her?" a sleepy voice said.

are laughter slowly died to giggles as we turned to face a groggy little boy.

"well, you're airhead brother thought it would be funny to blow it in my face." i said as i walked over to him and picked him up.

"eggs!" he yelled as he saw the eggs jack was still scrambling.

i took the finished pancakes and put them on a plate the unplugged the griddle.

i grabbed a rag and wet it in the sink, wiping the flour off my face. i walked over and stood beside jack as he cooked the eggs.

he wrapped his left arm around me and vincent and used his right arm to continue cooking the eggs. vincent laid his head on my left shoulder and jack laid his head against mine.

for a second, a split second, it felt like i had my own little family. holding each other while cooking breakfast. it felt perfect.

i know it's not healthy for me to start imagining fantasies like this. but it's not exactly preventable.