𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘦𝘪𝘨𝘩𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝘫𝘢𝘤𝘬

i was waiting around watching the clock, it was currently 6:50 pm.

10 minutes until me and gia would be heading towards the destination for our first date.

as i was getting ready i couldn't stop thinking about how my grandma basically forced gia to tell all of us she was adopted.

i wasn't even sure if my parents knew that yet.

i definitely didn't know that, and i went to school with her.

but the biggest thought i couldn't shake was about how she may not be spending christmas with her family. i know, it's not really any of my business nor my place to judge, but i couldn't imagine not spending the holidays with my family.

so i hope that if something does happen, she comes here to us.

as i finished buttoning up my black button up i took one last look in the mirror. black shirt and black pants, couldn't go wrong that. i made sure i put on deodorant and spritzed some cologne on my neck and chest.

i walked out of my room and headed towards the door.

"not so fast young man, where are you going all spiffy?"

i sighed. my mother is basically a detective, what you don't tell her she'll always figure out.

"i have a date."

"with whom?" she asked raising an eyebrow.

i sighed again.

"gia, mom. now if i don't hurry up i'll be late. give you details later, bye. love you!" i said as i quickly grabbed my keys and hurried out of the door.

i was trying to imagine what gia might be wearing tonight. she could pull off literally anything, she was that gorgeous.

as i pulled into the parking lot of her building i felt my hands start to get clammy. why was i nervous?

i quickly walked to the elevator and hurried to her apartment. i knocked on the door and waited for her to open it, when she did i could've swore my jaw hit the floor.

she was wearing a fitted long sleeve top with ruffles around the neckline and the ends of the sleeves

she was wearing a fitted long sleeve top with ruffles around the neckline and the ends of the sleeves. it was tucked into a houndstooth skirt along with a black belt and black heels. her hair was brushed back into a sleek ponytail and her makeup was simple but gorgeous. she looked gorgeous.

"close your mouth gilinsky, you'll catch flies." she said as she shut the door behind her and strutted to the elevator.

i stood in shock, watching her long legs as she waited for me to join her in the elevator. i hurried inside and pressed the lobby button.

i put my hands on her hips and moved her to face me, i leaned in and gently pressed my lips against hers.

god it felt so good to kiss her.

"you look amazing." i said as i pulled away.

shortly after the elevator doors opened and we walked through the lobby, hand in hand.

i opened the door for her and held her hand as she got inside of the car. i jogged around to the drivers side then took off to the restaurant.

bryson filler playing quietly through the speakers as i drove. our hands locked together, and resting on her lap. we rode in comfortable silence.

when i pulled up outside of the restaurant i started to get nervous again, what if the date goes bad?

i shook the thoughts out of my head as i turned off the car and went to open her door for her. i helped her out then offered her my arm. she smiled as she slowly slid her hand onto my bicep.

her hands were so small compared to my arms.

i led us into the restaurant, then the waiter led us to our table.

"do you mind if i take a picture?" she asked.

"'course not." i said.

she took out her phone and held it up, i made a cheesy face as i heard her take the picture. she smiled as she looked at it, then put her phone away.

"since i let you take one, it's only fair i take one."

"oh god no."

"come on, you look beautiful. please?"

she blushed and hid her face. then groaned and set her hands down.

"fine."

i took out my phone and opened the camera. she propped her elbow on the table then set her chin in her hand, she brought her ponytail forward and taller it drape over her shoulder, then tilted her head slightly to the side then smiled. i quickly took the picture.

i put my phone away as the waitress came back with out drinks and we gave her our orders.

"so gia," i said as i sipped my water, "tell me about yourself."

"oh, where do i begin? well, um. my favorite color is black. my birthday is january 20th. my goal in life is to become a teacher. it's lame i know, but i love kids and i enjoy being with them. my favorite thing to do is either go to the park with vincent or hike. and uh, that's about it. how about you?"

"it's not lame. i think it's cool you have the patience to work with kids, i definitely don't. but my favorite color is probably red or black. my birthday is september 10th. my goal in life is to make it in my music career. my favorite thing to do is probably either make music with johnson or just chill."

"your music! how's that going?" she asked as if she was just remembering something.

"well me and johnson are working on releasing an album on New Years. we have must of the songs done but we're just recording them and adding some final touches."

"that's where you disappear to during the days?" she asked as she sipped her drink. i nodded.

"the first song i preformed at the club was a sneak peak for our album. it's one of the songs on there."

"are y'all gonna have like a release party or something?"

"we haven't really thought about it. our fan base is kind of small right now but it's grown a lot since the beginning. we're in the works of getting noticed so we can get a manager, johnson's the pro at getting us gigs and stuff but it's a lot for just two people you know?"

"yeah for sure. let's say your music career does take off, what would you do then?"

"well we'd probably move out to L.A. or wherever the record label is that signs us. maybe go on a few tours here and there." she nodded, taking in everything i've told her.

"i think you guys have a fair shot. y'all have been working at this since what, high school? and your music is actually enjoyable so i think y'all could do it if y'all kept working. if there's anything i could do to help, i'll gladly do it."

hearing her support my dream in music instead of make fun of it made me happy.

it's nice when someone supports you even if there's a big chance you won't make it, it's nice knowing at least one person genuinely believes in you.