𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘯𝘪𝘯𝘦𝘵𝘦𝘦𝘯

𝘨𝘪𝘢

it's the day before christmas eve and mrs. gilinsky gave me until january 2nd off considering they're going to pick up molly and laura from the airport, and it's the holidays.

i hope i get to see the girls before they go back to new york, it would be nice to catch up with them.

i decided if i was going to call my parents and ask about christmas, now would be the best time to do it.

well, i could do it after i set up for the party.

i texted some of my friends after my date with jack and invited them over for a small christmas party, and also to meet him. they were pretty excited as far as i could tell over the phone.

i gathered all of the gifts from the closet in the living room and set them under my white tree. making sure to organize and stack them perfectly.

i had vincent's and the other gilinsky's presents in the closet in my room, i had to buy jack's last minute.

as i set up the tree i realized i was stalling so i didn't have to call my parents. i huffed as i turned down the music and dialed my mom's phone number.

"gianna! i was starting to think you'd never call! how is everything?" my mom asked. i sighed in relief when she answered.

"everything's actually going pretty good. i was calling to ask if there was any plans for christmas?"

the silence on the other end almost made me think she hung up, then she started talking.

"actually sweetheart, me and your father are going on a cruise to the bahamas so we won't be having christmas this year. but your sister told me she'll be by sometime on christmas day to visit you and give you the gifts from all of us!"

"oh okay, well i hope you guys have fun! i love you."

"we love you too sweetie. bye bye."

when i hung up i tossed my phone on the couch then ran my hands through my hair.

i'm used to not being super close to my family, but i was just hoping i wouldn't have to spend christmas alone. i mean i was invited to spend time with the gilinsky's, but i'm always with them. they deserve a break from me to spend time together as a family. it wouldn't be fair for me to intrude.

i shook all the thoughts away and continued to set up for the party. hanging mistle toe in various places incase the girls brought dates. i hung up some christmas lights around the living room and put up various decorations.

i double checked my outfit in the mirror. i was wearing a loose red sweater tucked into a black and white plaid skirt, with red heels. as i was fluffing the curls in my hair i heard a knock on the door and hurried to open it.

jack was standing there in a red button up, with the sleeves rolled to his elbows, and black pants.

he looked fine.

"don't you look killer." i said letting him in.

"me? look at you." he said as he grabbed my hand and spun me around.

"i got you two things. one to open now, and one to open later."

"i can't open anything now, that's cheating!" i protested.

"trust me, you don't want to open this in front of your friends." he grabbed my hand and dragged me to my room. he laid the rectangular box on my bed and urged me to open it.