Episode 1.1

- Categorie Love Letters to you-

It was just before midnight when Harry knocked on Liam's room door. They had an appointment here, just to finish the evening together. But it wasn't Liam who opened it, it was Louis. A rather tired looking Louis. "Hey, Liam and Niall have just gone to fetch some food," he said, and opened the door a little further so that Harry could enter. "Oh, okay." Harry didn't know why Liam couldn't have gone alone, but he didn't ask. Instead, he stepped inside and started smiling immediately when he saw how incredibly clean the room was. Everything was lying or standing in its place, Liam's suitcase leaning against the closet whose doors were carefully closed. However, there was the tip of a shirt peeking out from underneath, something Liam had certainly not wanted but probably hadn't noticed yet. The bed was made, the book Liam had been reading in lay neatly to the edge on the nightstand, a bookmark protruding between the pages. Liam hadn't come very far yet. His shoes were neatly lined up in front of the heater and the curtains were both drawn back the same distance. Harry did not need to go into the bathroom to know that similar perfection prevailed there. Liam's toilet bag was certainly empty in his suitcase and its contents were neatly distributed around the sink, the towels neatly hung over the heater.

Freak, thought Harry, and without much ado let himself fall on the bed, gave a deep sigh and stared at the ceiling for a moment. Now he had upset Liam's peace and order, but he wasn't here yet to put him in his place and, if you were to be precise, Louis had started. His shoes lay untidy next to the table where he was sitting.

Harry remained on his back for a moment, then he came up slowly and sat down in his favourite position - cross-legged. He put his hands under his legs and looked briefly at Louis, but he didn't look back. He had one arm resting on the table to support his head with his hand, which must be incredibly heavy. He leafed through one of Liam's newspapers, but didn't seem to read anything, just looked at the pictures. He seemed tired and exhausted. "Zayn is still recording." Harry's voice broke the silence in the room, only occasionally disturbed by Louis rustling as he turned the pages.

Louis nodded, but said nothing more. Harry sighed inwardly and turned his eyes away again, looking at the picture hanging over the bed. A very timid smile flitted across his face, which was not necessarily due to the motif. It was rather meaningless and boring, like in most hotels she had stayed in. Harry smiled for a completely different reason, though not for long. "We used to scribble on the back," said Louis, who was now looking at him after all. Harry turned his head towards him, the smile had disappeared. "Any silly sayings or just 'Harry and Louis were here then and there' and we always wondered if anyone ever read the messages." Harry stiffened with every word that left his bandmate's lips, but Louis didn't seem to notice or didn't care and he deliberately rode on the memory. "Yes, long time ago," Harry then tried to end the conversation, but Louis wouldn't let him off the rake. "There was one where you wrote 'Harry loves Lo..."

"Do you know when those two are coming back? I'm really hungry." Fortunately, even then, Harry's stomach was growling and signalling support. After the concert, they decided to meet here and Liam provided food. Harry had rather expected to call room service, but then he had probably made the bill without Liam. Harry was surprised that they had let him go just like that. Actually, they were supposed to stay in the hotel in the evening and not go on any excursions, and certainly not at such times. Probably Paul, their tour manager, had gone with them.

Louis, rather disappointed that he had not been allowed to finish, shrugged his shoulders and returned to the newspaper. That's good. Harry wouldn't talk about what he'd scribbled on a picture years ago. Apart from the fact that it no longer had any relevance and it was completely unnecessary for Louis to even mention it.

Now that they had gone over to keeping quiet - as so often lately - Harry quickly became bored. But he also didn't know what topic he could have brought up. Actually, he had thought that at least Niall would still be here, then he would have had someone to hide the strange atmosphere. But apparently Niall had sensed this and that's why he went with Liam.