𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘸𝘦𝘯𝘵𝘺

𝘨𝘪𝘢

tonight is christmas eve. as time went on i seemed to grow more and more anxious.

i didn't expect anything other than spending tonight alone, so i don't know why it's bothering me this much.

i was supposed to bring vincent his presents in an hour since mrs. gilinsky said she doesn't know what they'll be doing tomorrow.

i decided to get semi-dressed so they would assume i was spending time with my family and not ask me to stay, if they would even do that.

i blow dried my hair when i got out of the shower and used my new curling iron from layla to curl it in loose, bouncy curls.

afterwards i decided to do simple makeup with a red lip.

i put on a red long sleeved body suit and some black high waisted jeans. i grabbed a black faux fur coat from my closet and put it on. i put on some black heels and grabbed my black clutch that hannah gave me.

i set my phone on my tripod and took some timer pictures, since i'll have nothing to do i'll probably edit and post the pictures i just took and the pictures from my christmas party the other night.

i grabbed all of the presents and loaded them into my car. as i was driving to mrs. gilinsky's house i passed houses with families outside, christmas trees lighting up their living rooms, i couldn't help but envy them.

i wonder how it felt to have a family that was close.

i pulled into their driveway and grabbed all of the presents. it wasn't a whole bunch, but i had to close my car door with my foot and use the same foot to knock on their front door.

"santa came early!" i heard vincent yell as mrs. gilinsky opened the front door.

"nope, not yet. just me." i said as i walked over to the christmas tree and set the presents down.

"gia you look beautiful! i'm assuming you're parents made plans after all?"

yes, mission accomplished.

"yeah just a small get together, nothing extreme." i said shrugging, she held her gaze on me before nodding and going down the hall, calling for jack.

"vincent you want to open your gifts?"

"mom says it's too early, i have to wait until after we eat." he said as he pointed to david setting their dining room table.

"oh okay, that's fine."

"hey gia can i talk to you for a minute?" mrs. gilinsky asked me as she appeared back into the living room.

"sure."

she walked out the back door and into the backyard, me following. as i shut the door behind me she turned and looked at me, suspicion all over her face.

"i know your parents are in the bahamas." she said.

what?

"your mom friended me on facebook a few weeks ago and she uploaded some pictures earlier today. why did you tell me they made plans?"

i sighed in defeat. i should've known there was no use in lying to her, she could see straight through me, straight through anyone.

"i'm sorry. i didn't mean to lie, i just, i don't know. i feel like you guys can never have any special family moments because the babysitter is always in them. i don't want vincent to grow up asking why his dumb babysitter always stuck around longer than normal. i just didn't want to intrude on your guys' holiday. again, i'm sorry."

"oh sweetheart. you're not just our babysitter. you've become a part of our family! we've always included you because we want you to be apart of our family moments because you are family. vincent will grow up happy to have you in his life, i'm grateful he has a role model as good as you to look up to. you're never an intrusion when we genuinely enjoy your presence. you're welcome under this roof as long as you like. and it's not just because you're dating my son."

i choked on my breath. how did she know? does she know about...?

the rest of her words started sinking in and i felt tears well in my eyes. god gia get it together. i looked up and started blinking rapidly, trying my best to will away the tears.

"we love you gia." mrs. gilinsky said as she pulled me into a hug.

"i love you guys too." i said sniffling and hugging her back.

"now come on, it's time to eat!" she wiped her thumbs under my eyes then grabbed my hand and drug me back inside the house.

"gia oh my god when did you get here?" molly squealed as she exited the kitchen. she tackled me into a bear hug, squeezing my neck.

"like ten minutes ago." i said hugging her back.

"okay molly, my turn."

"shut up jack."

"hey it's christmas, we get along on christmas." david said pointing at molly and jack. molly rolled her eyes and helped her mom finish setting the table as jack hugged me.

"you look beautiful, you might have to take me home tonight." he whispered in my ear.

i felt the blood rush to my face as he pulled away. he winked while pulling out a chair for me then sitting down to my left.

as i ate with the gilinsky's i realized there was no point in being sad over a family who didn't try.

when i have a family right here who does everything they can to remind me that i do belong here.

and i felt like i belonged here.

in this moment, i couldn't picture enjoying the holidays with anyone else besides this lively, rambunctious family sitting around me.

i was 100% sure i wouldn't have it any other way.

there was nobody else i'd rather cherish this moment with, than them.