Fate

(Can we talk about how amazing this artwork is?)

Narrative: At sixteen years of age, Michelle Jones finally sees the red string that will supposedly tie her to her soulmate. But it surpasses her expectations once she lets her curiosity follow the string to the other end.

String of Fate, Soulmate AU.

_________________

"Happy Birthday, dear Michelle. Happy Birthday to youuu~" Michelle's family sung to her. Birthdays and other celebrations were really the only time the whole family would tolerate each other. But there was more quiet anger and distraught most of the time. Although that didn't mean she had a terrible life; just a terrible family. Even so, at least they weren't completely negligent as to not do anything at all. Michelle's lips lifted into an awkward smile—she wasn't too good at real ones. And with closed eyes, she blew out the candles.

Usually people would wish something extravagant for their birthdays, maybe even something endearing like love, but all Michelle really wanted was to experience what it was like to be happy. Heck maybe even something exciting to come along. Although she didn't really have much faith in that dream. Once she opened her eyes, everyone around her clapped in joy as the youngest member finally aged another year.

Soon after, the party had ended and the family was back to their former hostility. Michelle sighed as she scaled up the stairs to her room. Another year passed by, and still she couldn't find herself to be content. The only good news to appear so far was that she'd finally get to go to a real school. There wasn't anything bad about homeschool. Class time, and homework, and everything else was of her own pace. But the girl reasoned that the lack of company was causing her feelings of loneliness. As well as taking a toll on her social skills. With enough convincing, her parents agreed reluctantly.

She mindlessly stared at the open door embracing the silence of her broken home. Slowly, she closed it shut and leaned against it. Hopefully things will be better once school time nears. She stared up at the ceiling, imagining all of the possibilities. New school. New friends. New attitude towards life, probably. That filled her with enough excitement to have good nights rest. And just as she was about to move towards her bed, she noticed something glowing in the dark room.

Michelle looked down to find a bright red thread appearing as it knotted around her pinkie. The string grew longer and longer until it reached passed the little open crack of her window towards who knows where. What was this, she wondered. Then she recalled something from her memories. Something her mother explained about strings and soulmates.

Being the sleuth Michelle was, she decided to dig further. Diving for her desk, she opened up her laptop and began to search for the related topic. Soon she found the answers she was looking for: