Episode 1.2

Thanks for all the nice comments under the last Chapter :)

𝐻𝑜𝓅𝑒 𝓎𝑜𝓊 𝑒𝓃𝒿𝑜𝓎 𝓉𝒽𝒾𝓈 𝒸𝒽𝒶𝓅𝓉𝑒𝓇 𝒶𝓈𝓌𝑒𝓁𝓁 :)

The alarm clock had definitely rung far too early and so Harry was sitting at breakfast, spooning his coffee, which he hadn't drunk a single sip of yet. He had listened to the cassette again and again the previous night. Which had definitely been the biggest mistake he had made recently. The songs had brought back so many memories that Harry couldn't sleep a wink. Felt their entire relationship had passed him by. All the ups, all the downs, over and over again.

I've loved you since the first moment we met, you're my best friend, my soul mate. The only person I trust completely, who shares my wishes and dreams. You are the one whom I love from the bottom of my heart and with whom I want to be with the rest of my life...

Harry had long since passed the point where he analyzed and disassembled everything to know who was to blame for their separation, where the signs were that it was no longer working. He had given up thinking about it and was looking for a reason. But thanks to the tape, all those feelings he had suppressed and locked away for so long came back up and he had almost no choice but to ask himself 'Why? At what point had the crack appeared, before song no. 11, after? How far after that? Why? Had Louis really ever loved him the way he claimed on the tape? What had he done to give Harry the tape? He couldn't ask him because Louis hadn't shown up for breakfast yet.

Harry felt completely overwhelmed by all this and the only good thing was that the others weren't much better, probably for other reasons. Apart from Niall, who was sitting at the table with his usual wide smile on his face, taking turns shovelling a spoonful of muesli and chopped fruit into his mouth, the rest looked pretty beat up as well.

"I don't understand why you don't put the fruit in your cereal," said Zayn, who had an untouched half roll lying in front of him and looked as if he was considering how comfortable such a roll was as a pillow.

"Because I don't like the fruit floating in the milk," Niall made abundantly vague. Since he had to speak with his mouth full, some milk ran down his chin, which made Liam roll his eyes. "You'd think your parents hadn't taught you anything."

Niall just smiled at him and showed him his chewed-up cereal. "You're just disgusting."

Harry could only agree with that. He pushed his cup away, he just couldn't get anything down. Liam looked at him with a stern expression and pushed the cup back. "You've got to eat something."

"But I don't want to."

"Listen to our mama and drink your coffee."

Every time we argue, I try to make you laugh until it's all forgotten. I know you hate that. But you can never stay mad at me for long, and I'm grateful for that, because I can't stand it when you're mad at me. Besides, you look so pretty when you laugh. Your dimples, your smile, the glint in your eye, the way your nose crinkles. I lose myself in your eyes every time you laugh. You are the most beautiful person in the world to me.

"You eat your roll first," Liam Zayn, who seemed to have as little appetite as Harry. The only people who ate were Niall and Liam. Which was not surprising because Niall was always eating, actually. No matter what the circumstances or what time of day or night.

Zayn, after all, was beaten and nibbled away at his bun. "I just want to go to bed," Harry then began to moan, lowered his head to the table and began to sob and sigh theatrically. He was really tired and exhausted. If he didn't get at least another hour or two of sleep afterwards, the concert today would have to take place without him. Because of him the boys could put a shirt of him on a pillow, put on a wig, put a microphone on him and pass him off as Harry. But he certainly couldn't handle it personally.