Episode 1.7

Harry didn't know exactly how, but he managed to shake Niall off and hole up in his room. He couldn't stand that supposedly knowing grin on Niall's face and trying to explain to him that nothing had happened was a wasted effort. So Harry saved himself the trouble and went to shower instead, lolling around in his bed until hunger made him pick up the phone and order breakfast.

While he waited for his meal, he zapped through the TV program and sent a message to his mother with a dozen smileys, something he normally would not do. Somehow Harry had never been able to make friends with all those smileys and emoticons. In reply he got a "What's with all the smileys? Are you sick?!"

So Harry sent her a "No, I'm not! I'm just in a good mood", slipped the phone under his pillow. Just then there was a knock at the door and room service announced itself. Unfortunately, however, it was Liam and Niall. "What the hell are you doing?!" he asked, leaping to the side so Niall wouldn't run him over with the dining car. Liam stopped him from throwing her out again immediately and pushed him onto the bed, carefully closing the door behind him and looking at Harry with a mixture of pride and fascination. "I've heard it all before," he said with a grin. Harry wanted to stop this, but he couldn't get himself to open his mouth. "You could have said something, though. It's not as if we minded anything."

"On the contrary." Niall took the plate from the car and put it on Harry's lap, shining it at him like a son who had done something really great. "Well, we want to know every dirty detail."

"Well, maybe not every."

"But -"

"Who started it? You or Louis? I think it was Louis. "He still has the hots for you. A blind man could see that at three miles upwind.

"We're not -"

"I really thought there was nothing between you anymore."

"You've made an effort to make sure that there is."

"Yeah, now give it a rest Payno Well, Harry?

Harry, completely overwhelmed by the whole situation, put the plate aside and looked at his two friends seriously. That was exactly the reason why Louis had ended their relationship. Because they had no boundaries and they always had to get involved. He knew they meant well. But that didn't justify this cross-examination.

"Go on," Liam said, as Harry continued to look at her speechlessly. "There's nothing to tell," Harry finally said after a few moments. "Harold, please. I've seen you."

"You saw nothing, Niall. We -"

"You were in bed together!"

"Because I fell asleep at Louis'!"

"AHA! Wait... what?"

Harry moaned annoyingly and rolled his eyes. "Louis and I were just watching some films last night and I fell asleep. "That's all. Nothing happened."

"It's just..."

"Disappointing", Niall Liam's sentence ended with a sudden less euphoric ending.

"What makes you think there is something going on between us? We're just getting closer again."

"Well, you... because... you..."

"Yeah, Liam? Please speak in complete sentences!"

Liam preferred to scratch his nose in embarrassment, so Niall did the talking. "We saw the pictures of you two sneaking out and you looked so... happy." For God's sake! "And it didn't occur to you to just ask instead of giggling over newspaper photos? I mean... we sleep in the same hotel and everything. We've certainly run into each other now and then these last few days." Harry couldn't help being angry. Those two were no better than their fans.