Chapter 1

Jared used to love the idea of soulmates how there was one person that you were meant to be with and would love you forever but as he grew up he started to hate the idea after all his mom and dad weren't soulmates and yet they were fine together i mean what if you hate your soulmate or what if you never even meet them. There was only six hours till his birthday when he would get the writing on his skin of the first words his soulmate would say to him and he was freaking out, maybe he should call Evan after all he's the king of freaking out. Actually maybe he shouldn't after all they're just family friends he doesn't want Evan to think anything more of it, at least that was his excuse in reality he was just pushing himself away so he wouldn't get hurt again even though that was already bound to happen since Evan would never like him back especially after how much of a jerk he's been to him and plus Evan has his own soulmate, probably some pretty girl or someone who enjoys nature just as much as he does.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It was finally midnight and Jared was absolutely terrified to look at his arm... maybe he should call Evan after all knowi- Jared was cut off by his phone making a buzzing noise signaling that he had gotten a text, he bent over and grabbed his phone to see who was texting him at this ungodly hour.

Acorn: you're probably not awake but i just wanted to wish you a happy birthday and wanted to ask you what your soulmate mark says, god this is so stupid im sorry

So maybe he didn't have to call Evan if he was just going to text...

InsanelyCoolJaredKleinman: I haven't actually looked at what my soulmate thing even says after all the entire idea of soulmates is stupid so whats the point in even looking at it

Acorn: ok, sorry if i bothered you

He felt really bad after all Evan always loved the idea of soulmates and he just had to bash on them.... maybe he should look at his arm.... for Evan

InsanelyCoolJaredKleinman: Hold up I'm looking at it now

He looked down at his arm and saw the words 'there's a tree in the backyard that we could climb if you want to'. He remembered Evan saying that the first day they met, they climbed a tree or at least tried, If this was the universe's way of making a joke it wasn't funny, there was no way his soulmate could be Evan.... he didn't deserve Evan and Evan didn't deserve to have to put up with him.

Acorn: ok, what does it say?

How was he supposed to respond to that, it's not like he could just tell him, maybe he doesn't remember..... But what if he does oh god, maybe if he just doesn't respond to him he won't have to deal with it after all pushing Evan away has worked before.

Acorn: Hello? Are you still there?

He didn't want Evan to worry but then again if he told him things could go horribly wrong, he just decided to ignore Evans message again but his hands had a mind of their own

InsanelyCoolJaredKleinman: Can you come over to my house?

Acorn: Now?

InsanelyCoolJaredKleinman: Why not? My parents aren't here and your mom won't mind as long as you leave a note

Acorn: I mean i guess

InsanelyCoolJaredKleinman: ok, see ya when you get here

Oh god, How was he supposed to get out of this mess