𝐓𝐖𝐎

CHAPTER TWO | THE HYBRID

─── 。゚☆: *. .* :☆゚. ───

THE LOCATION OF THE WEREWOLF PACK JUST HAPPENED TO BE AT THE TOP OF A LARGE MOUNTAIN RANGE. Klara didn't feel tired, despite the lengthy hike up the mountain— another perk of vampirism. Her eyes fell on Stefan, who wasn't doing as well. He had Ray Sutton's dead body slung over his shoulder as they continued to walk up the mountain range.

"You okay?" Klaus looked at Stefan, almost as if he were truly concerned. Klara doubted whether the Hybrid actually cared, though. "Is Ray getting heavy?"

"I'm fine." Stefan snapped back.

"You sure about that? You know, we've been walking for quite some time now. If you need some water or a little sit-down—"

"—You know, I get that we're, uh... stuck together, but if we could maybe just skip the chitchat, it'd be great." Stefan rolled his eyes again. He and Klara tried to walk a little ahead of Klaus, but the Hybrid kept talking.

"So much brooding. Your self-loathing is suffocating you, my friend. You, too, Klara. You need to learn to loosen up otherwise you'll end up just like your friend." Klaus called out once more as Klara scoffed.

"Maybe we're just incredibly irritated that we have spent our entire summer with you hunting down werewolves." The blonde voiced. "Every freshly-transitioned vampire's dream." She sarcastically spoke which caused Stefan to chuckle under his breath.

"Well, thanks to our pal, Ray, we found ourselves a pack." The three stopped at a clearing between the trees and they could see a camp with several people, who Klaus presumed were werewolves. "There."

Stefan and Klara walked into the camp first, as all eyes were drawn to them the moment the Salvatore dropped Ray's body down onto the ground. A woman ran straight toward him in horror. "Ray! Oh, my God. What's going on? Who are you two?"

Klaus grinned as he moved beside Klara. "The real important question is, who am I? Please forgive the intrusion. My name is Klaus."

The woman that was bent down beside Ray stood upright with a fearful look on her face. "You're the Hybrid.

"You've heard of me. Fantastic." Klaus arrogantly smirked. "It's fascinating, actually. A werewolf who isn't beholden to the moon, a vampire who doesn't burn in the sun. A true Hybrid." Once he finished his explanation of what a Hybrid truly was, Ray gasped for air at their feet. "Excellent timing, Ray. Very dramatic."