Abantu Bazothini?|Part 1

There's nothing hidden really under the shadow of the sun, and before the birds can sing it to the whole world, humans are always doing their best to hide it from others....

Bab'Maji only has one routine everyday when he wakes up, he picks up his walking stick and goes to wait for his grandsons to do their one routine they have been failing for  almost 20 years. Today the eldest twin was on time, and in the ploughed fields he saw his grandfather feeling the ions of the soil bare hand and as the little stones fell through his fingers it was a very passionate but odd thing to watch. "Baba", Mina called, and both eyes opened before Bab'Maji could answer, "Where is Nawe?,Is he late again even today?" "I told you to never be separate from your brother, you guys are twins for a reason and stop forgetting that,hurry up and wake him" Bab'Maji harshly shouted!.
He hated the fact that his prayer was disturbed and maybe today the ancestors were finally going to hear his pitiful regrets.

Mina & Nawe then came along again,as a set this time, Bab'Maji welcomed them this time with a crooked smile, it was too good to be true though since he has been teaching them about the importance of a man waking up early and although he was a traditional man he always told them about the Biblical curse weighed down on Adam in place for all male bodies. "You two are nothing like your young brother Mavu", Mavu sometimes would wake earlier than his GrandFather and he is the reason the fields are full of the breezing and soothing air being aborted by the fresh produce in Bab'Maji's garden. Mina and Nawe hated this comparison,especially because it was against their young brother who might be crazy about the attention his GrandFather gave him which is why he worshipped the ground Bab'Maji walked on and did everything as he was told but for the twins a lot of things divided their attention. Their Mother Sandra, was the source of the defiance the boys wear to blind their eyes to all the chores and manly duties they had to wake up and attend to. The twins always had insecurities about their decisions and although they are a pair it was as if combined they are half a man and the remaining man was their mother. Mina and Nawe were sensitive to all that the world expected of them,and as identicals they were obsessed with the attention, which is the most likeable thing about them because they could notice everything about everything and anyone.

Bab'Maji was on his last days, and as a pensioner he had invested his pension on having some livestock and a home garden to keep him busy. All of this was not enough to make him forget how his  rich life while he was still a maturing man is the reason his last days are drowning him with regrets. He blamed himself for almost everything that he thinks went wrong,even the wrongs in his offsprings, he always told Sandra his daughter he was sorry for fetching her from her Abusive husband Moyana because she gave up her life to come and look after the man who raised her to be an independent young woman. Although Sandra was defeated by her marriage sorrows, she still had fire inside her that she tried her best to keep burning for the sake of her Children. Bab'Maji kept bruising his ego by worrying about his peers, who according to him seemed to have had long lasting riches and were now above him and because of this he didn't want to die from a life that he lived carelessly, affording him to bow out as an old rag with only livestock and plants while his peers boast appalling legacies of riches. He was also beating himself up for the death of his wife who spent most of her life trying to block water using her hands as it found way in their marriage using the cracks Bab'Maji created by the lavish life and careless attitude money had borrowed him to be the evil lacking in his peers lives.

As Mina & Nawe listened to the Morning comparison lecture, Mavu entered in Bolt speed, it was clear he was running away from something. At first his GrandFather thought he was hiding from him since he didn't see him when he went to sleep last night...
Loud voices approaching brought all the hotness of the sun rays to the Maji yard, Sandra was also alarmed by the noise. Mavu didn't even get a chance to explain or even talk, his sweats were raining and had painted his footprints, inside the house he had went...*to be continued*

#Wondastand #AbantuBazothini?