𝐓𝐇𝐑𝐄𝐄

CHAPTER THREE | THE END OF THE AFFAIR

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

THEY WERE HEADED TO CHICAGO. Klara and Stefan had absolutely no idea why the sudden change of terrain. Klaus had been in a particularly foul mood ever since his failed attempt at turning Hybrid's in Tennessee, but all the time that Klara had spent with Klaus, she knew that he probably had another plan. 

"Welcome back to Chicago, Stefan." The Hybrid beamed once he stepped out of the car first, followed by Stefan and then Klara.

Stefan furrowed his brows and looked around at their current location. They appeared to be in a storage unit a little while from the city. Klara stepped forward, a little irritated, and glared at Klaus. "What is this? A whirl-wind tour?" 

"What are we doing here?" Stefan raised an eyebrow toward Klaus.

"I know how much you loved it here." Klaus hummed. He then opened the door and showed off the lights of the city of Chicago below them. The vampires could hear the sound of music, laughter, and dancing below them. "Bringing back memories of the good old ripper days?" Klaus asked.

Klara's eyes widened as she turned to Stefan, who shook his head. "Blacked out most of them. A lot of blood, a lot of partying. The details are all a blur."

"So, what's the purpose of this?" Klara injected as she stared toward the lights below her. "You think that if you bring him back to where he was binge-drinking on locals, he'll do it all again?"

"No, Klara. I simply want him to remember what it was like." Klaus smiled back toward Klara. "You see, sweetheart, the details are what make it legend. Word was the Ripper of Monterrey got lonely, so he escaped to the city for comfort. It was prohibition; everything was off-limits then, which made everything so much fun. Chicago was magical."

"Yeah, well, I'll take your word for it. Like I said, I don't remember most of it." Stefan simply retorted.

Klaus seemed almost disappointed that Stefan wasn't indulging his trip down memory lane. He closed the door with a blunt look. "Down to business, then?"

"Why are we still with you? We have our fun, your Hybrids failed. I mean, don't you want to move on?"

"We're going to see my favorite witch. If anyone can help us with our Hybrid problem, it's her." Klaus opened the door to the SUV once more and jumped inside. Klara and Stefan looked between each other and got into the car.

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

Klara was confused, to say the least. Klaus said that they were visiting a witch, and yet they were heading inside a bar that was situated right in the heart of Chicago. Klara kept beside Stefan, it was almost instinct to her, while Klaus led in front.