𝘤𝘩𝘢𝘱𝘵𝘦𝘳 𝘵𝘩𝘪𝘳𝘵𝘺

𝘫𝘢𝘤𝘬

tonight was the night of the release party. to say i was nervous, would be an understatement.

i knew once i got on stage everything would disappear, and it would feel almost like instinct.

but what if it didn't go as well as me and jack hope?

i shook the negative thoughts out of my head as i slid a black bomber jacket over my red tee shirt and black jeans. i put some gel in my hair and sprayed on cologne.

i went into my mom's bedroom to tell her i was heading out. i kissed her head goodbye then walked outside to my car.

as i drove to sammy's apartment to pick him up i tapped my finger on the steering wheel nervously. there was a lot of pressure for tonight to go well.

we had a real deal photographer coming out, one who normally works with influencers and other musicians.

i wasn't sure why he wanted to work with us, he reached out to johnson about a week ago on instagram and said he would love to collaborate with us. that's when he told him about the release party we were throwing tonight, and he said he was going to fly out to shoot it.

i'm not trying to diss ourselves, but we weren't as popular as the people he normally worked with. we only had 130k followers in total, including both of our instagrams and twitters. his people were all verified.

he told us he came across a video of us singing acapella in the studio and said that, in time, we would be on top.

it didn't feel real, him helping us made me feel anxious. like it was a trap. because come on, a big time photographer wanting to shoot with two boys in nebraska? either we were a lot better than i thought, or that our dream was finally coming true.

we were getting noticed.

i texted sammy and told him i was here. soon he came jogging out of his apartment and hopped into the passenger seat of my car.

"so my uncle said that he doesn't mind if we use his condo, but we have to clean up whatever mess we make and that if there's alcohol he won't be responsible if we get in trouble with 12." he said pulling out his phone.

"that's reasonable." while i was making the drive fo johnson's house, sammy pulled out his phone and started recording on snapchat.

"yo yo yo! release party tonight, be there to see jack and jack perform live! spread the word and tell your friends! addy in the caption!"

"pull up!" i yelled as he turned the camera to me, then stopped the video.

he typed something then posted it to his story on snapchat, and to his story on instagram. me and jack have been tweeting about it since i told gia.

i honked the horn outside of his house and soon enough, he came out and got in the backseat.

"ayo jack, this tweet is getting hella shares." he said shoving his phone in my face.

his tweet about the party had almost 50k shares and 90k likes. holy shit.

"oh fuck dude, this is big."

"i know! first our accounts double in almost two days, we get noticed and a shout-out by a big photographer, and now we're getting hella publicity. it's finally happening man, this is it!" he said excitedly.

i was pumped about us getting the recognition we deserved, but i also found myself wondering about gia.

let's say, hypothetically, we grow and of course as musicians we're gonna end up moving out to L.A., what would happen to me and gia? our relationship just started getting serious and i didn't want to cut it short.