☆2☆

★ ☆ ★

"I can't believe my mom is making me move in with my uncle just because I got into a fight with Some girl at school last year", Kandi said to Kevin while she packs up what is left of her room.

"Now Kandi, you know damn well you didn't just fight some girl at school. You got caught smoking in the bathroom, fought a teacher, and spray painted the principal's car", Kevin said to her with an attitude.

Kevin is Kandi's best friend. .Scratch that- her crush. They've known each other since they were kids and recently she's been feeling that she wants to be more than friends with him but she's holding back from telling him because she's afraid of getting rejected. (Aren't we all?)

"Look, I know you're mad that I'm moving, but it's not my fault", she said, turning around to look at him sitting on her bed.

"It is your fault, no one made you do the things that you did, and your right, I am mad. Not because your moving, but because of what you did. Why did you do it anyways, what was your purpose. What did you gain from doing those things?", Kevin asked.

The truth is she didn't know either. But if she would've told him that he would think she was an idiot.

"I'm waiting", he said, stepping closer to her.

"I- I don't know", She stuttered.

He chuckles.

"You always act without thinking things through", he said, calming down a little.

"Just please, promise me that you will do better at your new school. I know your gonna have to adjust to that wacko town and all the people there, but you will be fine, I know it", he said, while holding her hands.

"I promise", She said to him while wrapping her arms around his neck. "But you act like you don't do the same thing", she mumbled.

"What you say?", he asked.

"Nothin' ", she said.

"Aight, that's what I thought. And don't break my promise", he said, returning the hug.

"I won't", She said to him while slowly beginning to smile.

"I'm gonna miss you when your gone man", he murmured into her ear.

"I'm gonna miss you too", She said, beginning to cry.

She didn't want to cry but she couldn't help it. Kevin has always been there for her, and just knowing she will be moving away and won't be able to see, hug, or talk to him like they do all the time. . . got to her. I mean yeah, they can talk on the phone all day long, but it's not the same as being in his presence.

"Aye, stop crying, you're gonna be alright. I know I'm not going to be there to help you with whatever you're going through, but you can always call me. I'll make sure I come to visit you after you settle down and get used to living with your uncle", Kevin said, while wiping her tears away.

"You promise?", She asked, looking up at him.

"Only if you keep my promise", he said, still wiping her tears away as they continue to fall.