part one

riley was sitting at the island in the kitchen when she heard a knock at the door

riley was sitting at the island in the kitchen when she heard a knock at the door. placing her phone down on the counter, the girl got up from her stool and walked over to the entryway of the house.

"hey ki-" the boy in front of her began to say before realizing that his best friend had not opened the door, but instead her twin sister.

riley carrera was the kook princess. she was tall, lean, and gorgeous; model-like some would call it. most girls, wether they be from the cut or from figure eight, envied riley's good looks and status.

kiara however, was no where near what one would call jealous of her twin. she  absolutely despised the girl and the feeling was certainly mutual between the two.

riley never understood why her sister would choose to hang out with the pogues when the carrera family lived in figure eight.

with their differences, the twins tended to avoid each other at all costs; kiara staying with the pogues and riley staying with the kooks.

"oh um.. hey riley," john b said, instantly tensing at the interaction.

"john b," riley nodded her head towards the boy in acknowledgment. "kiara!" riley shouted after turning around to face the stairs. "your friends are here."

she turned back to the brunette boy, offering him a fake smile and in return he pulled his lips into a tight line.

"yo what's the hold up," a voice suddenly called from behind john b, and a blonde soon appeared from around the side of the house.

"john b we gotta get... oh," jj's eyes landed on riley and he instantly clamped his mouth shut. the two had been carefully avoiding each other as much as possible since the incident 3 months ago.

"riley! kiara! we're home!"

riley fluttered her eyes open after hearing her mother call her. the sun was now shining through her windows, reflecting off of her very white room.

riley attempted to turn around in her bed but her movements were restricted.

"holy fuck," she said, shooting up from her bed. jj blinked his eyes open and immediately mimicked her actions, removing his arm from around the girl's waist.

"shit," he groaned.

riley didn't take more than two seconds to scan her eyes over the boy before getting onto her feet and searching the floor for her clothes. quickly slipping on her shorts and shirt, she mumbled curse words under her breath.

"you-i... shit," the girl sputtered out her words. she watched as the boy stumbled over himself, attempting to put on his clothes.

once they were both fully clothed the two just stood on opposites sides of the bed and stared at each other.

"um where do you-" jj began to ask.

"window, out the window," riley cut him off.

"You want me to go out the window?!"

"Yes jj, window now," she pointed. He just shrugged, obeying her request as he moved towards the window.

"wait," she said, grabbing his arm before he could make his escape, "you can't tell her."

he nodded his head, understanding that kiara could never find out about the two.

"actually just-" the girl sighed, "just please don't tell anyone."

"coming!" riley heard her sister yell from upstairs. she peeled her eyes away from the blonde before walking back to the kitchen.

"be back before the storm," riley yelled at kiara as she watched her fly down the stairs and out the door. in return, kie only flipped her off.

"kiara," riley began in a scolding tone.

"i will i will," she responded before closing the door and following the boy's out to the van.

"what was that all about?" jj questioned the girl as they began to walk towards the vehicle.

"what do you mean? you know i hate her," kiara said.

"yeah i know that but why was she so demanding about you coming home before the storm?" the blonde asked.

"oh she uh... she just has this weird fear of like storms i guess," the girl stated. "why do you care anyways?"

"i don't," jj shrugged, "just asking."

authors note:

finally my new fic is outtttt! updates daily, im so freaking excited for this story