What am I to you exactly?

A/N: On demand (thanks for asking) and because I was not finished with this version of Charlotte and Sidney, this is a sequel to 'Am I never to get away from You?'. This one is also written for the Sanditon creative's Valentine's week event, prompt 'But there was only one bed'.

Only one bed when you are with the one you love sounds ideal, but in this case, it will not be smooth-sailing between the sheets.

It will be a little hot but no full smut.

Part II: What am I to You, exactly?

Prompt: But there was only one bed

She was resting on the beach towel with eyes closed, enjoying what she new was the last shivering summer day here in Sanditon. For this time. Hopefully they would return next summer, Sidney and her.

She felt the warmth from the sand below and sun above and a different kind of warmth radiating from her forearm as a certain someone was drawing circles on her skin with his fingertips. Her lips tugged upwards as he started to teasingly tickle her there instead, but she kept her eyes closed and said nothing. A shadow fell over her face and she knew it was him already before he pressed his lips to hers. For a moment longer she kept faking sleeping, but then moved her hands to his hair and parted her lips for him. Her eyes fluttered open and stared into his intense brown ones.

"I knew you were awake", he smirked.

How she loved his face. She still could not fully grasp that this man was her boyfriend. Well, they had never used that word exactly, but he sure acted like it, so there was no need to put a label on it.

"I wasn't. You woke me. I'm expecting some kind of compensation for being stirred from my beauty sleep."

She pouted her lips like a sulking child.

"Now do you? Don't you know I did you a favour, waking you so you don't get a sunburn?"

Despite his words, he went on to give her exactly the kind of compensation she had wanted. Still holding the weight of his upper body on his arms but now framing her head between them, he shifted so his legs rested on hers, pressing her down onto the sand in a very pleasant manner and resumed the kiss, now deepening it. She let her hands run over the smooth muscular planes of his back, all the way to the lining of his bathing trunks. By now his bare skin was a familiar sensation but one she could not get enough of. It seemed to be the same for him, something she could clearly feel when he adjusted his position on top of her, something which in turn created a tingling sensation in her. They kept kissing for a while, taking advantage of the fact that for once the kids had not accompanied them and no one cared if their tongues were dancing.

Reluctantly, he finally pulled away and shifted to lie beside her, still turned towards her so others would not see his front. His eyes were darker than usual, and his breath ragged, as was hers. He glanced down on himself with a half embarrassed, half cheeky grin.

"As much as I have loved being here this summer, I'm glad we're returning to London now so I can have you to myself. This is getting... slightly frustrating."

She turned to lie on her side as well, facing him, propped up on her elbow. His let his palm slide down her body, following the curve at the dip of her waist, causing goosebumps wherever he touched despite the heat. She nodded, agreeing one hundred percent. The need to be with him was so intense that it was becoming a sweet kind of torture. They had been seeing each other one and a half months now, but still had not slept together.

In the beginning they had wanted to take it slow, get to know one another outside school and enjoy each other's company before rushing into bed, but lately it had been a question of them being comfortable sharing bedroom in Trafalgar House.