part two

"are you seriously still mad at me for messing with gary?" jj whined

the blonde boy was walking kiara back to her house after john b and pope said they wanted to surf the surge.

"you're just asking for trouble jj," the girl stated.

"oh come on," the blonde continued, "it's their job. security guards are supposed to chase kids like us."

"and fail miserably at their attempt," kie added, smiling.

"you were chased by security guards?" a voice suddenly came from overhead and the two teens looked up.

"if it isn't my lovely sister," kiara gritted out, looking at her twin who was sat on the balcony.

"kook princess, kook princess, let down you hair," jj joked earning a laugh from the girl standing next to him. riley however just scoffed and rolled her eyes. she stood up from her seat and waltzed back into her room.

"does she ever like.. not have a stick up her ass?" jj asked.

"let me think..." kiara paused for a moment, "that would be a negative."

"hey, stay safe," jj said, referring to the storm that was soon approaching. the two approached the front door and he saluted the girl before starting to make his way back to the chateau.

"you too!" kie called after him. "let me know if there's any updates on john b and the dsc!"

"john b and the department of child services?"

kiara jumped, startled by the same voice from earlier, now coming from the front door.

"jesus," kiara scolded, "why are you so god damn nosy?"

ignoring her comment, riley walked over to the fridge to grab a water bottle and she sat down at the island.

"anyways," riley began, "mom and dad need your help at the wreck."

"for what? aren't we full staffed today?"

"preparation for the storm," riley clarified as she daintily opened the cap to her bottle.

"and you can't help because...?" kiara asked her twin, crossing her arms in front of her chest.

"i was there this morning," she simply stated.

"i'm sure you were," kie rolled her eyes.

"what's that supposed to mean?" her twin pressed.

"that you're a spoiled brat," kiara deadpanned.

"says the one who hasn't worked at the wreck in day's because she's been hanging out with her dirty pogue friends," riley scoffed.

"seriously?"

"yeah seriously," the girl went on. "and what's this i hear about you being chased by security? what the hell kind of trouble are those douche bags getting you into?"

"drop it riley, i'm done with this conversation," kiara grumbled, turning on her heal and heading out the front door to go to the wreck.

x

it was now the next morning and riley was once again down in the kitchen. she was standing over the stove top making eggs when she heard a bedroom door shut and a pair of feet start to tumble down the stairs.

appearing from around the corner, kiara walked in and over to the fridge. she grabbed a few yogurts and some carrot sticks, placing them on the counter before filling her arms with beer bottles.

"seriously kiara," riley looked over at her twin, "it's not even noon yet."

the girl didn't even look towards riley as she packed the contents into a cooler. kie grabbed the red box in her hand and headed out the back door.

"what am i going to say when dad asks where all the beer went?" riley exclaimed as she followed her sister outside.

"he won't notice, he never does," kiara yelled back.

"yes he does!" riley shouted. "but i'm always blamed for it! never you!"

kiara walked up onto the dock, ignoring her obviously annoyed sister who was still standing in the doorway, watching her.

"top o' the mornin to ya" jj said in a posh irish accent before grabbing the girls hand to help her onto the boat.

"riley on your case again?" pope asked, eyeing the girl behind her.

"when is she not?" kie said as she pulled out beers and handed them to the boys on the boat.

jj couldn't help but observe the brunette girl standing outside the house. anger adorned her feature as her eyes followed the boat and it's members before they finally landed on the blonde.

the two held their gaze between each other for just a second before riley let her's fall first. her eyes trailing to the ground before she turned around and headed back into the house.

x

"and then she just walked out," riley tossed her arms up into the air as she explained to her friends what had happened earlier that morning. "she just thinks she can do anything she wants."

"she could've chosen to be like us," topper said, slinging an arm over his girlfriend's chair.

"yeah but those dirty pogues corrupted her or some shit," kelce nodded.

"god if i hear the word pogue one more time today i think i might explode," sarah chuckled.

the group of friends was gathered at the cameron's house. they were sitting in the living room chatting away and watching out the window as a bunch of men cleaned up the mess the storm had made.

"i'm thinking of having a party next weekend," topper began. "my parents are out of town so we'd have the whole house to ourselves."

"count me in t," riley smiled at the blonde.

"hell yeah!" came a shout from kelce, and riley watched sarah squeeze topper's hand with a grin on her face.

"shit guys," riley said suddenly, turning her phone around to look at the time displayed on the screen. "i have a meeting about that scholarship shit, i gotta go."

"good luck!" the blonde girl called after her best friend as riley hurried out the door and to her jeep.

authors note:

hey y'all, i would greatly appreciate if you added this book into your libraries and continued to read! these first few chapters might seem slow, especially since their hasn't been much interaction with riley and jj yet but i promise the drama gets juicier lol! hope everyone likes it so far and thank you for reading:)