Introducing Violet Sugernut

Name: Violet Sugernut

Age: 17

District: 12

Appearance: Dark red long curly hair, 5'9, bright blue eyes, skinny, long legs, likes to wear leggings and shorts, wears and shirt that catches her eye, always wears boots, and either has her hair down or in a ponytail, dark pink lips, long eyelashes, and long sharp nails.

Personality: Shy yet crazy, athletic, fast, brave, trustworthy, always wears a smile around people she likes, sand she has a sense of humor.

Background: I have always been a cheerful girl that was always really lucky. I have three older siblings and two younger. Everyone has always liked me in her district. Everyone knows me due to my eyes and hair. My father works in the mines and my mother helps with anything people need. I have always been as happy as can be in 12, and no one in my family has ever been in the hunger games. I am in love with my best friend since birth and life has always been great. I was never really worried about being drawn for the hunger games. It has never been my problem. Until now. I had woken up with a weird feeling, but I ignored it. I was standing in my age group waiting to be able to go home and spend the night with my family and friends. I wasn't really paying attention until I heard my name be called. My feet started walking under me as I head up to the stage. I looked out into the crowd and saw tears in mostly everyone's eyes. Looks like my family won't be the only ones grieving my death.

Sample piece: I open eyes to see my little sister hanging her head over me and poking me over and over again. I laughed. I guess I wouldn't be sleeping in today. "Hey little midget." I said to her. "Good morning Violet!" She responded, "Breakfast is ready!" and with that she ran out of the room. I stood up and got dressed. When I walked out into the dining room, my family was sitting there waiting for me. I took my seat and everyone started eating their oatmeal. It was just a normal morning. "What are you going to be doing today Violet?" One of my older sisters, Jillian, asked me. "I think I'm gonna go over to Jacks and walk around. Nothing planned yet. Are you going to be doing anything Jill?" I asked her. "I start my new bakers job today." Was all she said. I had totally forgot that she was now eighteen, meaning that she had to start a job now. "That sounds fun, maybe I will visit you later today." "That would be nice." She said with a big smile. We were really close.
I finished my bowl and rinsed it out. "I'm going to over to Jacks!" I yelled to my mom as I was walking out the door. Jack lived a mile away, so it would be an easy walk.
I walked passed my neighbors playing in their yards. Everyone I passed smiled at me and said hello. Everyone here knows me. Everybody likes me here. I continue walking to Jacks. It is a nice day out. I love to walk.
When I get to Jacks, I see his little out in the yard. He was digging in the grass. I walked up to him, "What are you digging for?" I asked him. "Bugs!" he responded. I smiled and walked into the house.
"Jack! I'm here!" I yelled. "I'll be right out!" he called right back. I went to one of the seats in his house and sat and waited. He was taking a longer time than usual. All of his five siblings came and sat with me after two minutes of waiting. Jack was the oldest.
"Hi Violet." his oldest sister Lizzie said. "Hey." I said back. "Do you know what's taking him so long?" I asked. "No, he hasn't come out all morning." his second oldest brother Tim answered. "Oh." was all I said. Then we just started to make small talk.
About fifteen minutes later Jack came out. By then the little kids were gone because they were bored and I was starting to think about coming back later.
When he comes out he just acted like everything was normal and it didn't take him a freaking long time to get ready. "Ready to go?" he asked me. "I've been ready for the last seventeen minutes. The question is, are you ready to go?" He nodded his head and I followed him out the door.
"What took you so long?" I asked him as we were walking. "Nothing, I was just slow this morning." He answered. He didn't say anything else. Ugg! I didn't push him on it. We went on doing our daily things, bought some bread, sat and talked, go together with some friends, it all ended with us laying in the meadow that surrounded my house.
"How did we get so lucky?" I asked him, "I mean, in the past everyone that lived in twelve suffered, well seemed to anyway. They probably didn't get to lay around. Why do we?" "I don't know, just like you said, we are just lucky. I don't know why, but we are." I accepted that answer. It was the best I was gonna get. I leaned over and kissed Jack. Then I just layed my head on his chest and we stayed like that until it got dark.
We got up and I started to walk back home but Jack pulled me back into a kiss. "You know I love you, right?" he asked me. "Of course, and I love you." his smile got bigger. "I know we are only seventeen, but, I know I have loved you since I first saw you when I was two, a love like ours was made to last. So, I was wondering," he got down on one knee, "will you marry me?"
Did he just?!?!? "Yes!!! Of course I will marry you!!" I jumped into his arms and kissed him. He then pulled out a ring and placed it on my finger. I was so happy.
He walked me home and my whole family and his were there waiting to see if I had said yes. We walked threw the door together and everyone started to congratulate us. I can't believe this was happening! That night I fell asleep in Jacks arms with a huge smile on my face! I couldn't believe that I was engaged to the love of my life!!!!! This is the start to the rest of my life.