A trip to Canada

Your parents decided to take a family trip to Canada. Your brother was excited for the trip and your were 'meh' about it. You wanted to stay home but... Your parents forced you to go. So you caved in to the trip. And so... Here we are now! In the car.. On your way to Canada! Yay!
As the car drove down a road, there wasn't a lot to see. There was only freaking grass to see... Damn... That's some really good excitement right there!
Eh, as a narrator, I tried to bring some excitement to help you through this boring trip but... I can't help to admit this trip is boring too... Maybe I can just skip this boring part to help you! Yes you say reader? OK your wish is granted!

(×Time Skip×)

A small town came into view. A sign saying "Valentines Bluffs". You saw an abandoned mine place, and decided to take a mental note to check the place out later on. As your parents pulled into a house driveway, you anxiously got out and stretched your now asleep body that you swear was dreaming. Your parents explained that they rent a house here since they were spending three months here.
'Great... Three months of nothing to do...' You thought, but you remember you brought your book! It was from the 100 book series. You got the second book The Horrors Behind a Gasmask by Autumn (sorry I added one of my horror stories, it had something to do with a gasmask and thought it was appropriate). It was a good book, but you couldn't help but have a feeling there was more this the series and have a deep feeling it actually happened in real life.
You look around your surroundings.
Paper hearts decorations were everywhere...
How...
Horrifying...
As you looked around, you felt like someone was watching you...
You didn't think much about it and followed your parents and sibling into the house.

As you closed the door, a man moved out of his hiding spot. Looking at the house one last time, and moved onward towards his destination...

The Mines...

(OK!!! So here's the first chapter! I hope I can bring back the the slashersxreader! And I thought our underrated slasher need a spotlight for once!)