Chapter 1

"You bitch!!! Open this door now or so help me!" My father yelled while banging on my door.

I slid down my door with tears streaming down my face. I can't even remember the last time I didn't have bruises. This has gone on for almost 13 years. He would go out and get drunk. Then he would eventually come home, and do what ever the hell he wanted to me.

"ASHTYN BAYLIE ROBERTS!" He yelled once more before finally breaking the door open and running towards me.

He began to hit and kick me. Tears streamed down my face as everything slowly began to go black. This wouldn't be the first time.

My head pounded and my body was numb. Another horrible night. I slowly sat up to look at the damage. Once I saw what he had done I began to cry.
Until suddenly my phone began to ring. It was my best friend more like sister Roselynn.

"Hello." I said still trying to get up.

"Ash you okay you sound like you have been crying?" She said worried.

"I'm fine." I said whimpering in pain as I tried to stand.

"Did he do it to you again?!" She said with a hint of anger in her voice.

"Rose drop it. I'd rather not talk about it." I said trying to change the topic.

"Okay well anyway I called to tell you the most amazing news in the world!!" She said practically yelling through the phone.

"Wow headache but what." I said looking in the mirror at my horribly bruised body.

"Okay try not to scream but I got us tickets to go see Magcon in California!" She said with pure excitement in her voice.

"OH MY SWEET JELLO!!! ARE YOU SERIOUS!!!!" I said almost crying.

"YEAH WE LEAVE NEXT WEEK!!" She said.

"Wait next week that's the week before my birthday." I said.

"I know that is just one of your birthday presents." She said.

"Oh wow okay well I got to go see you soon. " I said sitting on my bed.

"Alright I love you call me if you need me." She said.

"Love you too." I said hanging up the phone.

************SKIP WEEK. ***********

Almost 18 years of my life has lead up to this. I can't believe what is going to soon happen. I'm going to see the one person who has kept me alive all this time. Taylor Caniff. Currently I was waiting for Roselynn to pick me up so we can go to the airport. I'm so glad my dad isn't home or I would never be able to go. Suddenly my mom pulled in the driveway. Great.

"Ashtyn where do you think your going." She said standing in the door way.

"I'm going to Roselynn's house for the weekend." I said shaking because I knew what she would do if she found out that was a lie.

"Oh really. Why do you have a suitcase and a few other bags huh?" She said crossing her arms.

"She said to bring some extra stuff. I don't honestly know." I said backing towards the stairs.

"YOUR LYING. SLUT YOU JUST THINK YOU CAN LEAVE THAT EASILY YOUR NOT EVEN 18 LAST TIME I CHECKED. AND THAT IS ILLEGAL." She said picking up the ashtray from the table next to her.

Suddenly I saw her throw the ashtray towards me. It collided with my lip causing it to bust my lip.

I fell to the floor and burst into tears from the pain.