Forever

"Hey! Wake up!"

Emalf jolted awake to Adauchi roughly shaking him.

"W-WaH-! What's up, man?"

Adauchi smirked, "It's snowing for the first time since we moved here."

"No effin' way! I've never seen snow before!" Emalf quickly got up, running over to the window of their house and pressing his hands and face against the glass.

Adauchi walked after him, chuckling at Emalf's awed face, his breath fogging up the glass.

"It looks hella yummy! I wanna try some!" Emalf said excitedly.

"Well, it melts too. I've only seen snow a few times during my travels doin' mercenary work, so I haven't really been able to enjoy it."

"Then let's both enjoy our first snow! We're the snow bros!" Emalf said, putting on his shades and running outside.

"Hey, wait up-" Adauchi chased after the excited boy.

Emalf was standing in the snow beginning to pile up on the ground, shivering.

"I-It's effin' cold out here!" He said, his breath visible in the frosty air.

Adauchi chuckled, "Well, yeah. It's snow. Though I guess you've never been cold before, we haven't been here for long."

After years of waiting, the day Emalf had been hoping for finally came. Adauchi came home to him, told him of a peaceful world he came upon where they could live together, and ran away again with his best friend.

Adauchi took off his jacket and draped it over Emalf's shoulders, before kissing his cheek and patting his head, "There. That should help a bit."

Emalf melted into the lingering warmth of Adauchi on his jacket, his cheeks heating up his pale face.

"Now come on. I wanna do something," Adauchi picked Emalf up and started walking down the street. Emalf gasped in surprise before becoming very relaxed and nuzzling Adauchi's chest.

"Thanks, 'Dauchi. No homo."

"No problem, man. No homo."

They soon arrived to a quaint yet cozy looking building.

"Wazzat?" Emalf asked, pointing at the building.

"A café. It's nice in the winter."

"Yooo..."

Adauchi carefully set Emalf back onto his feet and casually walked into the café with his bro in tow.

"I've heard about that hot cocoa stuff!" Emalf exclaimed, reading the menu, "We never really had any hot drinks in the flame world 'n' all, so I want that."

Adauchi nodded and ordered a hot cocoa for Emalf and a coffee with a slight amount of cream and sugar for himself.

The barista was a creature with the face of a hamster textured like a muffin.

"Hey Adauchi. Haven't seen your gay ass around in a while."

"Shuddup. I'm not gay," Adauchi retorted with a chuckle, throwing his money at the hamster.

Hamster muffin picked up the cash and went to make the teens' drinks.

Adauchi looked behind him, but Emalf was no longer there. He looked around for him, and saw her was pressed against the window gazing at the snow again.

Adauchi chuckled.

Hamster muffin shortly returned with their drinks and gave them to Adauchi, him giving the hamster a little wave with his tail before walking off to Emalf.

"C'mon, let's sit outside."

"Yeah!"

The boys walked outside and sat at a table, Adauchi setting Emalf's drink in front of him, "Whipped cream and all."

Emalf grinned, picking up the cup.

"It's hot, be careful."

"Yeah, like I'm not effin' used to that," He laughed, chugging half of it in one go.

"Can you even enjoy it like that?"

Emalf let out a happy and warm sigh, setting down the cup, "Definitely can."

His shades were all fogged up and he had a bit of whipped cream on his nose, along with a very overjoyed smile on his baby face.

"Ya got something on your face, Emalf," Adauchi chuckled.

"Eh?"

Adauchi reached over the table and wiped it up with his finger, then put it on his own tongue, "Yummy."

"Mhm! Super yummy!" Emalf laughed, going in to finish off the drink.

Adauchi chuckled and sipped his coffee.

Emalf slammed the empty cup down onto the table, "Woo! Yeahhhh! So effin' good!"

"I take it you wanna go home and play in the snow?"

"Hell yeah!"

"Aight."

Adauchi got up, and Emalf tossed his cup into the trash can.

Adauchi grasped onto Emalf's hand, intertwining their fingers, causing both of the demons' faces to flush.

"Can we make snow demons?"

"Of course."

"Snowmen?"

"Uh-huh."

"Igloos? Snowball fight!"

"Yeah."

Emalf's wings fluttered with joy and his tail wrapped around Adauchi's, "Fire! I'm gonna wreck ya, bro!"

"In your dreams, nerd," Adauchi teasingly elbowed the other boy, chuckling, and Emalf elbowing him back.

They both erupted with laughter, running off to live their new lives together. Nothing could separate them now.

"... Can I sleep on top of ya after we eff around?"

"Uh-huh. I'll keep ya warm," Adauchi laughed, "play with your hair a bit, maybe."

Emalf giggled, "I love ya so effin' much, my no homo bro."

"I love ya too, my no homo bro."

"Together forever?"

"Forever."