+~Chapter One: The School's Mishap~+

"Beep! Beep! Beep!" I smack my hand around, trying to shut off the alarm that just won't shut up. "Beep! Beep! Bee-" I finally smack the right button, shutting off my alarm. I toss my forest-themed covers off of me and sit up, legs hanging off the edge of my bed and feet touching the cold wooden floor. I stand up and walk to my dresser. I grab a black shirt, some blue jeans, underwear, and socks then take the items to the bathroom. I then strip down and take a shower. After my shower, I hop out and hear Shark's alarm going off and hear a girl-like scream. I burst out laughing and get dressed, brush my teeth, and comb my hair. I walk over to my brother's room. "Shark?  I took a shower about twenty minutes ago. The water should be warmed up by now." I chuckle under my breath, knowing it was only five minutes and that he'd only have about ten minutes of warm water. I hear the front door open and then close so I walk downstairs. I see a fresh breakfast on the table with a note. "Shark, Sabre- I'm so sorry that I have to leave early once again. I have a meeting at seven and I know that you guys have school then- I made you breakfast so eat up! I love you guys and I should be home by eight! Have a great day- Mom." I sigh at this but then hear the water start upstairs, briefly followed by another girlish scream and Shark screaming my name, clearly annoyed that he trusted me once again. I sit down and eat my food. 

About ten minutes later, Shark runs downstairs, smiles,  and stops. "You- lie." He can't breathe and it's kinda funny. He walks over and reads the note, his smile fading. He sits down and eats his food. I look at the clock, reading Six-thirty A.M. then sigh. "Shark, we have to leave soon. School starts at six-fifty, twenty minutes away." I stand up, grab my plate, and look at him as he sets his fork down, chewing his last bit of pancake before picking up the last piece of bacon and eating it. I walk over and grab his plate. Then, walking over to the sink to wash the dishes, I hear a sniffle like someone is crying. I set the plates down and walk over to Shark. "Hey, bud. Are you okay?" He nods but doesn't look at me. "Shark, what's wrong?" I ask him this but step back as he stands up, knocking his chair over and slamming his hands down on the table. "We can never say goodbye to her, she always leaves before. What if we don't get the chance to tell her that we love her?" I walk over to where Shark and I's phones are charging and unplug them. Walking back over to him, I put my phone in my pocket and hand his to him. "Shark," I put my hand on his shoulder and he looks at me, "call her. Tell her that you love her. She's not in the meeting yet so you've got time but we have to start moving." He nods and we walk over to the door. I grab my bag and put my shoes on, stepping outside to wait for Shark. He walks out a moment later with everything needed and a green gift-wrapped box. "Hey, what's that for?" I point at the box and he moves it away. "Something secret." I give him an "Oh, really?" look and he nods. I shake my head and laugh. Then, we walk.

Shark just got off the call with mom and we are about five minutes away. I glance at my brother and see that he's not wearing his onesie. He's wearing sunglasses, a cyan shirt, some black ripped jeans, and his normal red shoes. We continue walking and end up at school. 

At third period, Mr. Flub gets a call and we quiet down. His eyes widen as he hangs up. He instructs us to close the blinds and get by the door, against the wall. We shut off the lights as we start to understand what is going on. Someone with a weapon has been spotted around the building and we're going into lockdown. Normally, we'd make a run for the gym since we'd be more intimidating in numbers and we'd have baseball bats but this time, we don't know where they are.

"Guys, we will have to make it to the gym but we have to do that slowly, quietly- we can't be detected. Like spies." Mr. Flub states and everyone nods, understanding. I hear voices outside but I can't make out what they're saying. I hear them pass and go down the hall. I look at Mr.Flub and nod. He stands up and walks to the door, opening it and peaking out. He crouches down and we follow with him. We follow the armed people, a bit behind them so we don't get caught. We figured that if we went the other way, it would give us the same chance of being caught as it is right now. 

About three minutes pass and we reach the gym. We wait until the intruders go around the corner to knock the code lightly. Spency opens the door and lets us in. We book it over to the bats and arm ourselves. I look over and see everyone that's in Shark's class except for him. I run over to Vide and he looks at me. "Where's Shark? Where's my brother?" I look into his eyes. "He was in the bathroom last I saw him." I look towards the door and clench the bat. "He's alone...with the intruders..." My hands shake with anger knowing that my little brother is out there with people that have the intention of hurting the people at the school. I take a deep breath and take Spency's post at the door. I hear quiet crying on the other side of the door. I stand up and look through, seeing Shark hiding behind a box across the hall. He looks at me and shakes his head, telling me that they are within eye-shot so if Shark moves, he's dead. I nod and keep watching. We both watch as at least five people pass us and Shark shakes. I hear someone say that the police are on their way and then I hear one of the five people say something- "We need blood, now." What then follows makes my heart shatter-

They see him. One of the five run up and grab Shark. They take out a knife and another person runs up with a rag and a bottle of chloroform. The person with the knife stabs Shark in his side and the other person puts the rag with the liquid on it over Shark's mouth. My brother tries to scream but he passes out from the chemical. Blood pools out from his wound and the one that stabbed him picks Shark up and the group leaves.  

I stand there, frozen, crying, not knowing what to do. I just watched my brother get stabbed and taken.  I drop my bat and everyone looks at me. "Sabre?" Emily asks, walking up to me. I stay silent. 

Three minutes later, the police arrive and start questioning everyone. I sit there, silent. "Kid, we need to know what you-" The officer gets cut off by my mom. "Sabre!" I look up at her and start crying. "Mom..." She hugs me and I hug her. "Where's Shark? Is he okay?" I cling onto her more and don't let go. I feel gravity pull me down and I drag her down with me. "Sabre...?" People crowd around us but I don't care. "I lost him...I lost my baby brother...He's gone....and they have him!" I break down crying, only knowing one thing-

Shark is alone and I couldn't do anything to help him.