Epilogue

i just realized i used almost none of the songs on the playlist so enjoy this one that is lmao and i LOVE this song 

FIVE YEARS LATER

Y/N POV

Music drifts through our empty apartment as Noah and I work on building all our furniture from Ikea and Target. 

We just moved in today and we've been working all day. Earlier I went out to get us lunch and when I came back Noah was asleep on the air mattress we bought since our real one hasn't come yet. I slipped under the blanket with him and I woke up an hour ago, Noah only a few minutes ago.

"We should watch a movie." Noah states, looking over at me with a smile.

"With what tv?" I ask looking around jokingly, causing Noah to roll his eyes. 

"We'll just use my laptop, come on." Noah says standing up and going to find it.

I shake my head, smiling, and walk over to the kitchen counter to turn off the speaker. 

"Come on!" Noah whines as he lays down on the air mattress.

I roll my eyes and walk over to it and lay down next to him, resting my head on his chest and putting my arm around him. The projector starts and The Notebook is cast onto the wall. I almost forgot about that old thing. It feels like all those movie nights we spent together in highschool when we had just started dating.

I love times like these. We've both been so busy working that it's been forever since we sat down and watched a movie together.

 It's the little things like this that make our relationship stronger.

*****

"That movie will always make me cry." I say laughing as I wipe my tears away. 

"I- I can tell." Noah replies bursting into laughter.

"Noah!" I say as he bends over from laughing. Watching him laugh makes me laugh and soon enough we're falling over each other from not being able to breathe. 

"Oh my god...we need help." I say sobering up.

Noah nods and snaps out of it, training his eyes on the small wall space between the fridge and the front door.

"What are you looking at?" I ask with my eyes furrowed.

"Y/n..."

"Yes?" I ask worriedly. Where is this going?

"I need to ask you something and if you say no I'll understand, but-"

"Noah?" 

Noah looks back at me and sees my wide eyes and worried expression.

"No, no, no, I didn't mean anything bad!" Noah says quickly.

I sigh relieved and nod at him to go on with whatever he was trying to say.

"We need something..."

"What?" I ask smiling but confused.

Noah looks at me and doesn't say anything, just stares into my eyes. I stare back really confused but I go along with it.

"Can we PLEASE get a dog?" Noah says finally with a huge smile plastered across his face.

"A dog?" I ask pretending that I don't want one.

"Please!!!! We could go to the shelter like right now and we could get a big dog, or a little one, and we could go to PetSmart and get all sorts of toys and a bed and food and-"