Ch.8: The Consequence

Atty

Atty. Cleiyx Merdeil (Raikko).

I truly hate getting summoned.

When we're in our prime before (although we never get dethroned or unshined), we're really a troublemaker group. How many times our tatang, the late Governor who treated the whole royal group as his sons, summon us for different reasons. The royal groups is his headache. But we, the BM, take the cake. Lol, no one can stop us! It was fun watching trial unfold when we're the ones getting summoned.

Not until we got summoned by the Central to do suicide in their arena.

Now that I'm getting summoned here by the Ma Go sisters... I wonder how I can turn this into my entertainment.

"That's sly, Raikko Lee. Did you seriously show indecent manner in the trial with the Judge of Violence?" Wow. That's a rude question coming from the emo Ma Go. She looks disappointed, as if that can conceal the fact that I won against their favorite one, atty. Keith. "Did you just bring your indecency from that filthy Underground you used to live in before?"

Try again. Still no avail.

"I didn't expect a deity's eyes to be blind. It wasn't me who showed indecency at the trial. It's my client who did it. Why place the blame on me?" I retaliated. "And please. I'm not Raikko Lee. He won't entertain that filthy for sure. He'll kill her. I am Atty. Cleiyx Merdeil."

They didn't press it further. Yet, they still didn't send me back to Minter. Natulog lang ako, tapos paggising ko andito na ako agad sa probably office ng Ma Go sisters. Wait... Oo nga, no? What the hell!

"And hey. Isn't forcely inviting- or should we say 'kidnapping' someone is a form of indecency?" and then, I smiled. Who cares if they're a deity? I'm not working for them to be polite at them. Respect begets respect, no. I'm not stopping myself from taunting them. "How is this action different from the indecency my client showed?"

I received a hard slap from the emo Ma Go. It didn't hurt me. I guess, this is how powerful our contract is to Mr. Dame. Even the Deities can't hurt us. To taunt her more, I smiled and bowed. "I apologize for speaking the truth, Deity Ma Go."

"We won't get the answer we want from any staffs of Minter. They're as hardheaded as that demon's prince."

I just smiled while they all sighed, they even look more disappointed now. That's how the phrase 'follow the leader' works.

As I observed their office, I noticed that... This doesn't look like an office at all. It looks like a sala and a room for herbal medicines. There's a plant here, there, and almost every corner of the place. The atmosphere feels as if you're in a botany garden with a set of sofa in the middle and some papers on the table. I wonder where I am.

The Ma Gos busy with their own stuffs. The Quack Ma Go is talking with her plants, while the old Ma Go is scribbling on her papers, probably doing paperworks. The Pink Ma Go is busy crocheting, and the emo Ma Go... Is still staring in front of me. What is her problem on me?