Ch.10: The Condition

Lim Na Ri

Lim Na Ri.

We are currently in the care of Hotel Blue Moon— Oops, wrong word. Let's correct that. Ahem.

We are currently confined in the conference room of Hotel Blue Moon. There. That's right.

"First of all, I don't want anyone else in my place," the Owner began. "Secondly, I don't care if your hotel sinks! After those two attacked me because of that KaiLa, am I supposed to accommodate you? My General Manager almost died, for crying out loud!" Sumisigaw na talaga siya, my god.

Highblood ang lolo niyo! Tsk.

I noticed Mr. Dame stifling a laugh. I glared at him. This jerk... Binabasa niya na naman ang isip ko!

"I'm sorry, but I need to go. I'll be back." I sulked. Here he goes again. Whenever it's something important, he always disappears. And then comes back late. He always leaves us behind, or should I say, he always leaves me behind.

I was surprised when he pinched my cheek. "I just need to find Ms. Park JiEun... They said they got lost. I promise, Nari. I'll be back." He stood up properly. "And when I say I'll be back... I'll be back. So you won't miss me." And off he went, that rascal.

Walang hiya yun, napaka assuming din talaga eh.

"Are you finished?" I glanced at the owner of Blue Moon, who was boredly looking at me.

"I'm sorry. Wait. What happened? Why were you attacked by these two?" I asked. Harumi cleared her throat.

"Excuse me. Hyunjin, could you come with me for a moment?" And the two left.

What the hell?

"Tsk. Guilty," he remarked sarcastically before looking at me. "Do you know how we were ambushed by that she-devil? We were minding our own business! I was upstairs, just watching Dale greet our guests when she walks in carrying a katana and says, 'Long time no see, Supremo. Andito ako para patayin ka'. "Do you think that's fair?" he shouted. I chuckled a bit at him.

"No," I replied simply.

"Good thing you know—"

"Hindi pa sapat ang pagpatay sa kanya sa lahat ng nangyari sa akin. "That won't even compare to what I went through in the 2 years we were together. Oh wait. Let me rephrase it. We weren't together. She was with New York and I was with papers while being enslaved by the Central." He fell silent at my words. Tsk!

"B-but even if that's what happened— EVEN IF! I don't care what happened to you back then! After you scared my General Manager, am I supposed to accommodate you in my hotel? What the hell!" He said angrily. I just shrugged at him because the Owner of Hotel Blue Moon, known as cold and merciless in his era, looks like a child now throwing tantrums in front of me.

"I want to personally meet KaiLa Zynn Li, Ms. Lim. I haven't forgotten how Ms. Hirai belittled me because she said that woman was better than me. I don't believe her." Pfft. Binigyan ko na nga siya ng clue na ako yun, di niya pa nahalata. He took the katana from beside me, placed on the small table, and I noticed that its handle was royal blue with a touch of black. He carefully removed the katana from its royal blue sheath.