Moving Day

It's 6:30am and my alarm wakes me up buzzing, extremely loud. I open my eyes and turn it off, then I lay back down and close my eyes again. I was about to slip off to sleep when all the sudden, "Addison Smith, get up!" My mom yelled from my doorway. I sit up and look over at her.

     "Do people knock anymore?"

     She laughs as I get out of bed and go to my bathroom. See today is the worst day of my life, I'm moving to LA. That's right country girl moving to the city, this is gonna be tough. I'm not gonna fit in, but they expect me to move without a problem? Nope I'm gonna be a bitch. I grab some clothes and get in the shower. Later I get out of the shower and put my clothes on. I'm wearing a crop top, black ripped jeans, and converse.

     I grabbed my bags and brought them downstairs. I put them down next to the front door and sat down at the kitchen table. My little sister came downstairs and sat next to me.

     "Get away from me" I said pushing her chair away

     She just giggled and stared at me. I grabbed a banana, and my little sister grabbed one too. See I'm 16 and my little sister is 6, so she looks up to me. She 'wants to be like me' when she grows up.

     I peeled my banana (and she did the same) and ate it. I then got up and put my bags in my car. I turned 16 last month and got a new car at the beginning of this month. I'm gonna follow my parents.

     We all loaded up in the cars and started heading to LA. Luckily there is another two months before school starts. My sister was in the car with me, and my mom and dad were in the car together. We sat in the car in silence when all the sudden my sister tugged on my shirt.

     "Addi?" She said looking up at me.

     "Yes, Maddi?" I looked back at her, then back at the road.

     "I gotta pee" She whispered back

     "Ok, let me call mom"

      I used Seri to call my mom and we all stopped at a gas station. I walked my sister inside to the bathroom, then looked around for some snacks. While looking around I picked up a bag of chips and accidentally knocked something off the shelf. Some guy picked it up and put it back on the shelf. I looked up "Tha-" I stopped what I was saying, and I was speechless.

     "Hi, I'm Noah" he said looking down at me

     "Addison," I said as I looked up at hm. He is really tall. I'm 5"2 and he towers over me. I feel like a child.

     "It's nice to meet you" He said smirking a me

     "It's nice to meet-"

     "Addi" my sister yelled walking out of the bathroom

     "Oh, I gotta go" I said waving at him as I walked over to my sister "Maddison, don't yell like that in a store"

     "Sorry Addi" She said looking at the ground.

     "C'mon let's pay for the snacks and get back to the car" I said grabbing her hand.

     She skipped happily next to me. We got to the cashier, I put the snacks on the counter as Noah got in line behind us. Addi smiled and waved at him, her face was as red as a tomato.

     "Hello" he said and crouched down next to her.

     "Hi" she said swaying side to side

     "Is that your older sister?" he asked, pointing at me.

     "Yeah" she nodded.

     "She is really pretty" he said smiling at Maddi

     "I know, she is the prettiest in the world" she said and hugged me.

     I smiled and paid for the stuff "C'mon Maddi mamas waiting for us" I waved bye to Noah, grabbed her hand, and walked out of the store. We got in the car and drove off. We had been driving for two days, stopping at hotels to sleep. We finally got to our new house. It was huge, it had a gate and a really large backyard with a pool.

     I got out of the car and ran inside trying to choose my room first. I chose the biggest room and I had my own bathroom, and a walk-in closet.