★3★

"Honey, wake up", Kandi's mom said as she opens the blinds.

"Mom, please close the blinds. My eyes are hurting", Kandi said, covering up her face.

"Remember, say your goodbyes and come straight home. Then in the morning, we're off to The Palisades", she said, walking out of her room.

★ ☆ ★

"It's the police, open the door!", Kandi said in a deep voice, banging on the door extra hard.

"Oh shit!"

"Is it actually the police?"

"Shut up!"

"Uh, hey office-

"Really Kandi? You can't be playing like that, man. I still owe them fools money for a speeding ticket from 2 weeks ago", Keisha said, pushing Kandi inside her house.

(Keisha is like the older sister to everyone else. She bosses everyone around and people know not to mess with her or her friends 'cause they know she'll fuck them up. Keisha is always mean there is no 'soft side' to her.)

"Wow, so y'all just gonna have a sleepover and not invite me", Kandi said, putting her hands on her hips.

"I told Keisha to invite you, but we didn't know if you would be okay with it since. . .you know, your moving", Stacy said, licking Cheetoh dust off her fingers.

(Stacy, Stacy, Stacy. .I don't like her. [and that's saying something 'cause I'm the narrator]. She joined the group during the summer and something just feels off about her.)

"I would've been okay with it. Now I'm mad all my friends are having a sleepover without me", Kandi said, sitting on the couch, pouting, with her arms folded.

"It's only 9:00, so just stay a little while and chill with us", Lani said, as she comes out of the bathroom.

(Lani is probably the nicest one out of the group. She's kind of shy, but once she warms up to people she starts to open up more.)

"Alright, I guess I can stay for a little while but after that, I gotta bounce", Kandi said, snatching the Cheetos bag out of Stacy's hand.

★ ☆ ★

"Guys we've watched at least four movies, I've gotta go", Kandi said, getting her stuff together.

"No, don't leave until I give you a hug", Stacy said, jumping over the couch.

"Awe, come here", Kandi said, holding her arms out for Stacy to hug her.

"Group hug!", Lani said, while she wrapped her arms around Kandi and Stacy.

"Aye, Don't forget about me", Keisha said hugging them even tighter.

"Have you said goodbye to your boyfriend yet?", Lani asked, with a smirk on her face.

"Girl- for the last time, Kevin and I are just best friends, and no, not yet. He told me to call him when I got home", Kandi said, chuckling.