Prologue

"A question, Shima." Asha's voice had a slight hiss to it. "When will you stop?"

    "Oh. This again?" I growled. My tail twitched. "Here's my answer: When I'm dead."

    "Shima. You take no caution. You will destroy this universe if you are not careful. You have already destroyed the balance."

    "Oh, come on. I only collected a few gems and feathers. And anyway, the Shamen restored the balance, so everything is alright." I trilled. 

     "And you don't listen." Asha hissed. "The eclipse is tomorrow."

    "Oh? The eclipse?" I purred. "I can't wait."

    I placed my paw on the device in front of me, moving one of my pieces on the giant chess board spread out slightly below us.

    Asha jumped down onto the game. "You will not succeed."

    "Oh, won't I?" I jumped down onto my side of the chess game.

   "I will never allow you to summon that portal. It is too high a cost."

    I moved a horse in the chess game. "This time I will open the portal."

    "Why will you never see what you are doing to this world? Not long ago, because you only collected a few gems and feathers the Dream Lord tried to kidnap a kit."

    I moved another piece. "It doesn't matter. A tiny kit is not important in this world."

    "You will destroy this planet if you keep going on this path." 

    "Really? I am merely trying to open a portal." I moved a chess piece. "Checkmate."