Face it, Tiger...

Narrative: Months after his bad break up with Liz Allen, Peter Parker is still heart broken. Aunt May is tired of seeing him sulk, so the woman has a plan to set him up with a friend's daughter. Although Peter is reluctant about it. Just who exactly was this girl anyways?

Time: College; freshman year.

_________________

The spoon clanked against the ceramic bowl as Peter stirred his cereal mindlessly. His head still full of the painful memories.

See, about three months ago, he found out his girlfriend of three years was cheating on him. And to make it even worse, it was with one of his old pals as well: Harry Osborne. Not only that, but Peter has suffered a lot in his life, and Liz knew that. But still she chose to mislead him. So after confronting and breaking up with her, he spent the rest of the school year burying himself in his studies and superhero duties.

Although it was still painful, Ned and May tried their best to cheer him up. A few times it would actually work; Peter would forget about all the troubles and act normal, but then memories would give him a hard slap and Peter would relapse into his gloomy spiral. Because that's how painful it was to be betrayed by two people you trusted a lot. He sighed once again, not ready for another day of misery to pass.

May walked into the small apartment kitchen to see Peter not eating as he was in deep thought. She peered at him sympathetically. She knew how sad and heartbroken he was, she's had to see it plenty of times before; but this had taken the cake. This girl, Liz Allen, was with her niece for a long time and then betrayed him. Although unlike everyone else Peter and May loved, she didn't die, and that's what made it worse. She willingly tore Peter apart.

Part of May didn't mind though, she didn't really find Liz to be all that appealing. May always thought she'd been using Peter, but May let Peter decide for himself. Cause that's what a good parent does, and that's all she wants to be for him. But how can she be a good parent when her child was so sad. That's when she had an idea. Maybe it was overbearing, but all she wanted was for Peter to smile again.

She walked over to the dining table and leaned down to press a chaste kiss on Peter's forehead. "Morning, Donny Darko," she teased about his sullen appearance. "Morning Aunt May," his voice remained as monotone and stoic as the rest of him. It was odd to hear not even one sarcastic remark from him. "What's the plan for today?" She asked, still trying to cheer him up. "Same old, same old," he replied dismissively. This was gonna be a lot harder than May had hoped, but she wasn't giving up just yet.

"Well make sure you come home early to help me prepare dinner," May told him. That then captured Peter's attention. Why would they need to make dinner, and how important is it that May had to actually cook. "Why?" "Well, I have an old school friend visiting," May informed him, "I haven't seen her in so long, it'd be nice to finally catch up with each other again. Plus, she wants to meet you!" Peter internally groaned. He really didn't want to meet someone new, nor do anything in fact. But maybe it would be a good distraction, and he didn't want to disappoint May.

"Sure thing, Aunt May." "Oh, and her daughter is coming as well," May discreetly added. Although, Peter was quick to catch onto it. "Who knows? Maybe you two will get along," she then suggested. Peter knew instantly what his aunt was trying to do. After all, she wasn't that subtle about it.

"May, please no. Not again," Peter cried. It wasn't the first time Peter was set up. Although, the first two
times weren't May's idea. Ned Leeds, his best friend, was just trying to look out for his companion; because like May, he just wanted what was best for Peter. But all those dates were no where near successful.