Chapter 1 Awakening in the Unknown

Darkness enclosed Y'Gythgba, she awoke with her memories fuzzy and her body sore. Where was she? She wasn't dressed in her normal Salamandrian soldier armor. These clothes looked so alien, a hooded black cloak and a mask that hid everything but her eyes, though her top looked a little like her armor she was used to. Maybe she was on a solo recon mission, obviously not on Salamandria. Though she had excelled at these missions, her true calling was on the battlefield head on with the enemy. She instinctively took note of her weaponry. Nothing but small daggers and some oddly shaped metal with an oddly familiar symbol on it that she couldn't place. She ran her finger over it, it almost looked like a flower? She felt for her sword, yet her plasma sword was not on her, in turn she had a slightly long metal sword. Y'gythgba felt its weight, it seemed familiar in her hands, as she observed it's sleekness. No bombs or high tech weaponry, so she must be on a more primitive planet to avoid detection, not even a com-link. Well, she thought, as she opened the small first aid kit, at least she had some weaponry. Her universal translator was on her neck so at least she could understand whatever lived on this planet. Y'gythgba surveyed her area and lurked in the shadows. What was her mission? And why couldn't she remember? Her surroundings were different as well, almost like a sewer system, she took a whiff and instantly recoiled. Yes, definitely a sewer system. How had she gotten down here? G'throkka had taught her much throughout her life, even to remain calm when all seemed lost. Where was G'throkka? She remembered her soldier training as a child, (G'throkka's voice) "Breathe. Use your fear to sharpen your senses and instincts. A soldier never panics, if you do; you lose your training. Remember your training and who you are." It was how he had been able to survive after being left for dead by a mercenary. She tried to focus and went over what she knew. My name is Y'gythgba, I am a Salamandrian soldier, a lieutenant. The kraang and Triceratons are our enemies. Maybe she was in a simulation training hologram, she touched the walls to see if she could dispel the hologram. No, that wasn't it, it was a very real world. A small male alien in a yellow hat was running in her direction, he seemed hysterical. Y'gythgba stayed to the shadows reaching for her sword, in case he was hostile. Sewer Worker: AHHHH!!! A MONSTER!!! Y'gythgba watched him leave, but he had not seen her. What an odd and fragile looking species that inhabited this planet. And who or what was he screaming about?

Y'gythgba was lost in her thoughts as she heard a sound, almost like a child crying. She was a soldier but knew she wasn't an unfeeling monster. Y'gythgba was drawn to the sound as she passed tunnel after tunnel, which felt like déjà vu. Why did these sewers look familiar to her? As she finally got to the right area she saw a small green terrapin. The floor boards had broken and the young terrapin seemed to have fallen into the dark pit.  Brown bugs were crawling all over the pit, including all over the small child. His eyes were shut and his arms were shielding his head as she approached him, there was no parent around or anyone else for that matter. Y: Do not cry little one. I will help you. Y'gythgba removed the spiked weapon attachment from her tail and lowered her tail around him . The little turtle peeked out in terror as some cloaked stranger took a spiked weapon off from, was that a tail? The stranger was grabbing him and taking him out. Another mutant? But those thoughts quickly vanished as he became keenly aware of the stowaway cockroaches on him. Raphael: Ahhh!! They're all over me!! I HATE ROACHES! Y'gythgba grasped the young turtle and meticulously made sure that any bugs that had been on him had been taken off and crushed. Y'gythgba looked the young turtle over for any wounds, but he pushed her hand away trying to put up a brave front as his eyes were closed. Y: They are all off. I won't let them harm you. Are you injured little one? He clenched his teeth together as the sharp pain hit him and instinctively made him grab his leg. Raphael: I'm fine. (sob) Y'gythgba gently, but firmly took hold of his leg and saw the wound, it was not the worst wound she had seen but enough to make a child cry. She cleaned the wound and bandaged it up. The little turtle shut his eyes tighter and tried to remain brave in front of this brave stranger, even though a tear or two escaped. This act didn't go unnoticed by Y'gythgba as she finished wrapping the wound. The young turtle looked at her, but she was covered up in what looked like some of Splinter's old paintings of Ninjas . Raphael could really only see her eyes. Her eyes were unlike any he had seen in his life. Y: You are a brave young warrior. What is your name? The little turtle beamed at the comment then looked straight at her with his bright neon green eyes. R: My name's, uh, Raphael. Y'gythgba's eyes widened in recognition as her memories came back. ---- Flashback to the night before.