Won't you dance with me?

Carlos had always been neutral towards the rain.

On the Isle of the Lost, rain typically left everything freezing and miserable, so it was usually his queue to head inside. No matter how unappealing indoors might be.

Plus It always left Cruella feeling sore due to the pressure change, meaning more overall headaches for him.

But on Auradon, the rain left a sweet smell in the air and the grass glistened with dew. Princesses sang songs about love and their dreams in the rain and princes defeated dragons and inner demons in the rain. So naturally he'd enjoy Auradon rain quite a bit more.

This particular summer shower was leaving him feeling relaxed as he typed away at his keyboard. Student council had asked him if he'd be willing to help them with setting up an online voting booth for Prom King and Queen. Naturally he had jumped at the chance to play with code and bury his feet in a thick blanket.

And then Evie and Lonnie burst into the room.

"Does every person in this school have a key to my room or...?" But neither of the girls acknowledged his remark, instead stomping forward with steely looks in their eyes.

Carlos closed his laptop, sensing the seriousness in the air.

"Did something happen? You guys look like you just saw a pig grow wings and fly away." Then again, he had a talking dog and a friend who could transform into a dragon.

Evie bit her lip, hugging herself, and Lonnie leaned forward to grab onto his arm, "You need to go talk to Jane."

Carlos instantly stood up, disregarding his laptop that slid and flipped onto the bed, "Why? What's going on you guys?"

Evie walked over and grabbed onto his other arm, a lot more gently than Lonnie, "Carlos... Your girlfriend is crying on the front steps of the school and-...and we can't get a thing out of her."

He froze, the prospect that Jane was crying being almost hard to believe.

Sure she had her mopey moments and she'd pout from time to time. But crying was something she hated to do so publicly.

He knew now why the two girls had come to get him.

Jane had only let a select few see her cry.

Her mother, Audrey, and her boyfriend.

Most people didn't even know how to act with her when she wasn't crying. Tears added a whole new level of detachment that he knew she didn't want.

Carlos was half-dragged and half fast-walking to wherever Jane was in the school. "Tell me you guys didn't just leave her alone in the rain." He said, Evie flinched at his rarely used stern tone.

"Of course not!" Lonnie fired before directing her attention to right in front of her. "Mal's with her."

Carlos stared at her blankly for a second before leaning his head back and groaning, "Aagh that's somehow worse!" He began to pick up the pace, now dragging the two girls behind him.

'Front steps. Front steps.'

Carlos knew the layout of this school backwards and upside down but his thoughts were a frenzy as he pictured Mal standing at arms length away from Jane and saying something like, "Are you like...sad sad?" While his girlfriend was sobbing.

Lonnie scoffed, "It's not like we had a lot of options man. It was either her or me."

"Or Evie!" Carlos yelled back.

"I suggested I stay behind but Mal just told me to go get you." Evie replied, panting heavily.

Carlos quickly slowed down and looked back at her, now wasn't the best time to forget Evie never went anywhere without heels.