Night Out

I tug on the hem of the peach ruffled tank. When I saw this v-neck tank with it's ruffled layer front and it's cascading exposed back, it was an impulse buy. I usually don't wear shirts this revealing, more of a stay covered kind of style however this top is too cute to pass up. Now I find myself tugging at the hem, tugging at the chest area feeling totally out of my skin and self conscious. For one I can't wear a bra with it, making me feel exposed. No matter how cute this top is I have no business wearing this. I may be twenty six years old but I look more like sixteen. I am very petite, weighing only ninety pounds, five two is my height and my breast barely fills a A cup bra. The shorts I have on are the smallest size I could get and even though they fit me in the waist, they are baggy in the thighs and my non-existent ass doesn't help. This is why I cover up. Better to be covered and feel like a tom boy then to reveal some skin and feeling like everyone is judging me or have people think I am some preteen out working the streets. Looking at the tag still on the top I decide to take it off and return it to the store tomorrow. I keep the shorts on but pull out my Chase Elliott second cup win tee and slip that on. Feeling more like myself I sigh looking into the mirror. I never used to dress like this and I never used to care about what other people thought about how I dressed. I used to wear tops like the peach one all the time, short shorts and dresses too, things without bras. Then I lost about ten pounds and never was able to gain it back and became too self conscious. Thinking I am too thin to wear anything showing skin because it makes me look like a child trying to play dress up in her Mom's clothes.

"Come on Ada lets go." Zara yells from downstairs. Looking back at myself and then back at the peach top laying on my bed I bite my bottom lip. Do I dare step out of my comfort zone for one night? Do I dare say screw you self conscious? Do I even consider the fact that maybe some guy would say hey look at her, she's hot. No that will never happen. Hot is one thing I'm not. Cute I have always been described never beautiful, hot or sexy. I guess men feel like that would be like calling their sixteen year old Sister or Niece hot. See they don't even bother to ask my age, they automatically assume I am sixteen. Then when I tell them no I am twenty six they think I am lying.

"Ada come on the Uber is here." Fuck it. Pulling the Chase Elliott tee off then onto my bed, I tear the tags off then slip the peach blouse back on. Making sure everything is tucked in I debate for all three seconds about if I should throw a cardigan over it. Go big or go home right. I grab my dusty pink clutch off my dresser then slip my black flats on. Running down the steps I meet Zara in the living room. She whistles.

"Look at your girlie. You're gonna turn all the boys' heads tonight." I can't help but laugh.

"Yeah sure. You're just lucky this is for your graduation or I wouldn't be going out. You know I don't do social gatherings." Zara rolls her eyes and I walk past her and out of the house and to the car.

Once we make it to the bar I suddenly feel so self conscious. I pull at the hem of my top then the hem of my shorts.

"Stop fussing you look great." My social anxiety starts to kick in once we enter the bar but I quickly remind myself that this is for Zara. It's not everyday that she graduates from College with a bachelors in Education. Tonight is about her and I put on a brave smile as she leads us to the bar.

"Two shots of whiskey." She says. I look around at the small crowd of people. With it being a Thursday I didn't expect many people to be here but there are a steady ten to fifteen people here. My eyes land on two men gathered in the corner by the pool table, whose backs are to me. Something seems oddly familiar about them. One a shorter thin man, hat and even from the back you can see tattoos on his leg. I can't make them out from across the room but I can see there's something there. The man standing next to him is maybe an inch or two taller then his friend, medium build and his hair is dark. He's the one that seems the most familiar. With his broad back, shoulders and dark curly hair. The hair is what catches my eye the most, for a man it's just so perfect.