Chapter 1

*Junes POV*

~ring~ ~ring~
There it is the most annoying sound in the world that just had to ruin my perfect dream. I rolled out of bed with a groan of annoyance, today is the start of summer break. See for most people that is an amazing time of day but for me it isn't, this year my parents wanted to throw me a big going away party. Sure I would be excited if I didn't hate parties so much.

A silent knock sounds from my door,"Sweetheart are you awake?" my mom coos.

"GET UP WE HAVE LUCH PLANNED WITH THE SUMMERS IN AN HOUR." My dad yells.

"I'm up ok." I grumble.

Right where are my manners, I'm June Raylyns. I'm 20 years old and as you've probably guessed I'm leaving for college next week, and my parents aren't handling it too well.

And the Summers well they are a family friend, my Dad has been friends with Mr. Summers ever since they were born. Which I find kinda funny because my Mom and Mrs. Summers don't get along. And their son Jet Summers...You'll see for yourself. He's unexplainable, and the "bad boy" of the town. He's wreckless we used to be close but then umm you know it's not important what happened. He's ok.

I walk over to my closet opening the door, my eyes scan over my countless clothes hanging from the hangers. What to wear? Hmmm..I've got it. I head to get dressed, looking into my mirror I admire my work.

I'm fairly tall, I have a pale complexion, short curly brown hair with bangs laying just over my forehead, freckles spread across my face like stars in the night, big brown eyes. As far as my body goes I'm pretty lucky, at least that's what people say..Now for what I picked to wear. I'm not very outgoing with my style it's more laid back. I'm wearing a white cropped tank top, black ripped jeans that are cuffed at the bottom, tall white socks, and white slip on vans.

"Danggg, I do be looking good today." I remark with a laugh.

*arriving at the restaurant, or in other words June's worst nightmare.*

We are all sitting at a table next to me is none other than Jet. He is a very good looking individual...He has a darker complexion, his jet black hair was styled into messy curls, narrow eyes that give a deep and cold expression, soft jawline, he's taller than me by a whole foot. As for his clothes he's wearing a red T-shirt, black leather jacket, black ripped jeans, and black combat boots. That outfit looks nice on him.. What am I thinking I'm supposed to hate him right?
On the other side of the table sits my parents and his.

Mrs. Summers asks,"So June where are you going to college?"

"University of NY. What about you Jet?" I smiled hoping he'd say somewhere far from there.

"I'm going to the same place actually. I'm studying law." He answers.

Of course he'd go there.

"June here is going to study in writing, she's going to be a famous reporter one day." My mom boasts.

"That's not a stable job now is it." Mrs. Summers snaps back. They continue to bicker back and forth. While my Dad and Mr. Summers talk about whatever Dads do. Which leaves me and Jet..

"Hey..." I say forcefully.

Jet: "What's up?"

Me: "Nothing much."

Jet: "I know we don't get along and all but I was wondering if you wanted to go to the pier with me?"

Me: "I don't know..I have to pack."

Jet: "Come on June, live a little. It'll only be for a little bit?"

Me: "Fine but only for a little bit."

After what feels like and eternity we finish eating, and I completely forgot I have to spend another two hours with Jet. I was walking to the car when I feel someone grab my hand.

"Hey what ar.." I got cut off.

"Where you think you're going, we're going to have some fun remember." Jet smirks.

He guides me over to his motorcycle, his hand in mine.
What is wrong with you, pull away from his hand and say you changed your mind! You're going to die on that thing. ~June's angel.

Noo. You obviously like holding his hand, so let's go see what's gonna happen. You only live once, so it before you have to go away to college.~ June's devil.

Sorry Angel but I'm going to have to side with the devil this time. I mean it's not wrong..

"So you sure you want to go?" Jet asks.

I nod at him. He helps me onto the bike, he looks at me for a second before he hands me a helmet that looks like it's meant for a kid.

"You're joking right?" I question with a blank expression.

"Nope you're Mom would kill me if you got even a scratch on you, I can't take any risks now can I?" Jet explains, "So put the helmet on."

I look at him and slip the helmet on, he helps me with the straps. He chuckles, it sounds so soothing. Snap out of it. Look at who you're talking about. Shut up mind, He's not as bad as I thought so let's give him a chance. Jet climbs onto the bike and we start heading towards the Pier. My arms wrapped around Jets waist, I felt like I was in the movies.

But this can't happen, us two just can't..not after what happened. And he knows that.

But what's a little fun. Right?

*What will happen at the pier? And what happened between June and Jet to make him seem so terrible. Keep reading to find out.*
~Sorry for such a short chapter but it's my first one in awhile, so please feedback is appreciated and give me ideas on what I should do next.
Thank you for reading.~