part three

the boneyard, the place where kooks and pogues could be in the same place without absolute war breaking out

the boneyard, the place where kooks and pogues could be in the same place without absolute war breaking out... at least most of the time.

riley rarely found herself in the cut, the pogue side of the island, but it didn't matter if she was at the kegger because she wasn't the only kook there.

riley parked her jeep right behind topper's and hopped out of the driver's seat. the rest of the group climbed out of the blonde boy's car and began to walk together to the boneyard.

"first kegger in a while, ain't it?" topper walked next to the brunette, swinging an arm around her neck and messing with her hair.

the truth was, riley hasn't been to a kegger since the night three months ago; the night things happened with jj.

"yup," riley falsely smiled at the boy before he let go of her and walked off with sarah.

riley's eyes scanned over the beach quickly, in hopes of finding a keg and getting some alcohol in her as soon as possible. unfortunately for her, a familiar blonde head of hair was passing out red solo cups filled with beer to a string of people. 

"hey uh, can you go get me a drink?" riley asked kelce, not yet peeling her eyes away from the blonde. kelce followed the girl's gaze towards the keg before returning his attention back to her.

"got a problem with maybank?" kelce asked the girl. "did he do something to you? cause if so-"

"no, no kelce, it's nothing. i just uh..." the girl trailed off, not able to find the right words to explain herself. "i just don't want to interact with those pogues ya know?"

kelce just shrugged before walking towards the group of people to get the girl a drink.

as the brunette's eyes continued to scan the area, the look that kiara gave her did not go unnoticed. she rolled her eyes before retracting her attention away from her twin and back to kelce who was extending his arm out to hand her the red solo cup.

the party went on as normal. the girl talked to a few tourons, none seeming to be worth her time. and she chatted with sarah when she could steal her away from topper's arms for a few moments.

riley made it a point to stay clear of kiara and her friend's, not wanting to create any trouble, and just generally not interested in having to mingle with any of them.

"you're so funny, man!"

riley's attention was ripped away from the girls surrounding her as she shifted her gaze to where all the commotion was from. she laid her eyes upon jj who had grabbed topper by the collar, only to push him away in one swift movement.

"dirty pogues," topper seethed which made john b immediately charge at the boy.

"fuck," riley muttered under her breath before jogging over to the group.

"babe, babe, babe," she heard sarah plead as she approached the action.

john b fell to the ground and topper kicked his side, earning a grunt from the boy. "hey john b, don't make me drown you like your old man, alright?" topper said before kicking him once more.

the crowd continued to cheer as riley peeled her eyes away from the two fighting boys to glance at her sister who had a worried look on her face as she held back jj.  

suddenly, the boy that was once on the ground had now stood up and ran towards topper, pushing him to the ground.

"stop you guys," kie called out.

more punches were thrown as the two boys continued to fight on the ground. the commotion dulling for just a moment, topper and john b regained their balance and circled each other, their fists up in the air.

"come on!" the brunette boy practically demanded.

"that's what i'm talking about!" jj called out making riley roll her eyes at his encouragement for the violence that was outbreaking in front of them. topper suddenly swung again, his knuckles connecting with john b's jaw.

swinging again, topper missed this time and john b grabbed onto his arm and threw him into the water. the two tackled each other in the water for some time before topper got a good grip on the other boy, pushing his face into the water.

"topper! stop!" sarah cried out and riley looked over to her friend, concern etched into her features.

by the time she glanced back to the boys in the water jj was now standing behind them. riley blinked a few times before finally believing her eyes. jj was holding a gun to the back of topper's head.

"yeah, you know what that is," jj gritted. "your move broski."

"put the gun down!" sarah pleaded. riley could barely hear her friends voice over the sound of her heartbeat in her ears.

"did you say something princess?" the blonde continued to taunt.

"we're good, we're good," topper said. jj finally lowered the gun and topper fell from beneath him. riley let out a breath she didn't know she was holding, and the blood that rushed to her head had made the girl feel dizzy.

"okay everyone, listen up! get the hell off our side of the island!" jj heaved out before shooting the gun twice in the air.

everyone started to run at the sound of the shots. riley almost started running herself as she watched her friends trail off to their car, but she let her gaze fall upon her twin who was marching right up to the psycho with the gun.

"jj!" kiara yelled, pushing at the blonde's chest.

"are you crazy? you idiot!" pope shouted.

"kiara!" i yelled and the three immediately turned their heads to look at me. "let's go!"

"what? no," the girl shouted.

riley began to walk quickly over to her twin, grabbing her by the wrist and pulling it.

"what the hell," kiara attempted to wiggle out of riley's grasp. "let me go!"

"we are leaving," riley gritted through her teeth, not daring to glance at the other two boys, or the one that was still lying in the water.

"i'm going home with them!" kiara said.

"you're going home with them?" riley repeated. she stopped walking and turned to face her twin who she had been attempting to drag along. "you're going home with the maniac who just shot a gun? are you fucking serious?"

"that maniac is my friend, and he has a name," kiara spat. she hated it when riley wouldn't refer to her friends by their names just because they were pogues.

"oh trust me kiara, i'm well aware of his name, " riley said, glancing over at jj who gulped once their eyes had meant. "now we're fucking leaving, let's go."

with one last attempt, kiara struggled to get out of her sisters grip but failed. she looked back at her friends with an apologetic face before trudging along with her sister to the jeep.

authors note:
i hate repeating the season 1 script in my story because i don't want it to be boring and repetitive. however i felt this scene was necessary for the plot and i'm only going to include very few full chapters of the season 1 script. i'm mostly just going to be taking bits and pieces from it!

also shit goes down in the next two chapters that follow this. get ready