Epiphany

Peter's POV:
(A/n remember I do not own the music)
In nómine Patris Et filius
Er spiritus sancti
Introibo ad altars dei
Amen

My eyes open to my classmates around me. Nadia, Ivy, Matt, Lucas, Diane, Meghan, Jason. I look down to see the Bible in my hands, my knees bouncing with anxiety as I make eye contact with Jason. "I want to welcome you all back. I hope that Christmas was a time of great joy for you and your families. Today is the feast of the Epiphany. The celebration of the arrival of the three wise men.to pay homage to the Baby Jesus. I want you to imagine what that journey must have been like: A journey resting entirely on faith that they would know where they are going once they arrived. Imagine what a joy it must have been for them to have finally reach their destination. Seniors, you're coming to an end of four years at Saint Cecilia's. You've lived together, study together, and most importantly, prayed together. Strength for the journey. We begin in the name the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. Let us take a moment now to call to mind those times when we've fallen from god's grave. I confess." Our priest preached.

All at once, the students preached, "To all might God, and to you, my brothers and sisters, that I have sinned through my own fault. In my thought and in my words, In What I have done, and in what I have failed to do. And I asked blessed Mary, ever virgin, all the angels and saints, and you my brothers and sisters." We all spoke in unison. Even though most people here are not a virgin, I still feel the sin and shame weighing on my shoulders.

I take a deep breath. "To pray for me, to the lord our god-"

Everything went black. I felt the judgment of my lord on me.

[Voices]
Yes, pray for him, to the lord your god!
One of these boys just ain't like the others!
Loves his female singers! Loves to cook!
Looks around in gym
it pleases him!
Thoughts enslave him, somebody save him!
'Course he knows that he is taking chances.
And he knows that his romance is doomed!
He sacrificed his soul to feed his vice!
Heaven severed Hell is forever!
Dig down deep and Save your soul!
Pray the saints will take their toll!
Every sin is entered in, Heaven comes with discipline!

[Peter]
But it doesn't all make sense, what I feel is real.

[Voices]
No more dodging, God is watching.
His eyes is on the lowly sparrow.
The road is long, the path is narrow!
And your mother, God how she will suffer.
Will your father break to bear the shame?
Yes, yes you were a force in their divorce.
Trust the shepherd, God made an effort!
Will you drag that poor boy down their with you?
He's unsure, and you can change his mind.
If you love him so you'll let him go.
Life is choices, live by our voices!
Dig down deep and save your soul.
Pray the saints will take your toll.
Every sin is entered in Heaven comes with discipline!

[Peter]
But it doesn't all make sense, if the love is strong.

[Voices]
No more dodging, god is watching!
His eyes is on the lowly sparrow, the road is long, the path is narrow!

In the darkness, a bright light shined in a spot. There, stood Peter's mother, Claire. "Our first reading today is the story of how despite the best efforts of a single mother, a child can still go horribly, horribly, wrong." She spoke like a witness in a court room for God.

"Mom!" I tried desperately to reach out to her. To let her know she did her best to raise me.

She continued, "For his eighth birthday Peter asked for an EZ-Bake oven. His father asked for a divorce. To me, the link between those two events was a strong as Peter's attraction to my makeup table. We sent him to a Catholic boarding school, thinking it might help. But when he met his roommate Jason, the two of them locked eyes, and I said to myself, 'Claire, you wanted grandchildren. Instead, you're gonna get ambiguous Christmas cards from South Beach.'" As she spoke, the lights started to dim.

The lights shined on Diane. "Please join in in singing our offeratory hum #279, "A Bender Among Us."
Their's a bender among us, He must be exposed.
He'll kidnap our children, then take off their clothes.
A bender among us, there's pink in our flock.
A boy without conscience who's led by his-

The light where my mom was came back on. "Cockamamy. Pure cockamamy that's this isn't a choice. Don't do this to me, Peter." Her eyes begged me. It hurt seeing my mom like this. Her seeing me As a sin. A disgrace.

[Priest/voices]
The peace of the lord be with you always. (And also with you.)
Let us offer each other a sign of Christ's peace.
"This is the lamb of God, who takes away the sin of the world. Happy are those who are called to this table."

Lights now shine on me.

[Peter]
Lord, I am not worth to receive you.
But only say the word and I shall be.

[Everyone]
Lord, he is not worthy to receive you.

"Father?" I looked up at the priest.

"Not at a funeral, Peter." Funeral? Who funeral? Is it-it's it Jason's!? No!

[Matt]
I'd like to start with just a if we could take a moment.
If maybe we were silent or we had spoken.

"Mom? What is it? Ivy? Nadia? Matt?" I looked around at my classmates before looking up.

[Peter]
Is it I, lord?
Is it I?

[Voices]
Timothy, Romans, Corinthians, Leviticus (x6)
(Hate the sinner, hate the sin! Created in his image Abomination! Abomination! Abomination! Abomination! Bear the cross! Bear the cross! Bear the cross! Bear the cross!

My eyes shot opens and I gasped for breath. The priest continued. "Let us go fourth in peace, to love, and to serve the lord." He finished. Damn, I missed it all for some stupid nightmare.

"Thanks be to god." We all said.

Song: Epiphany