𝐅𝐎𝐔𝐑

CHAPTER FOUR | DISTURBING BEHAVIOR

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

IT WAS A LONG AND EXHAUSTING NIGHT FOR THE VAMPIRES. Klaus assured Rebekah that he would make up for keeping her daggered in a coffin so he compelled everyone in a modern clothing shop to assist them with whatever they desired. Stefan and Klaus remained seated on two red chairs with champagne in hand, Klara wandered around the looking at the clothes whilst Rebekah was in the fitting room trying on outfits.

"There has to be more to this dress." Rebekah's voice wined out from the dressing room.

"There's not." Klaus rested his chin under his knuckles while he held his champagne glass in his free hand.

Rebekah sauntered out of the dressing room with a distasteful look on her face. She was wearing a tight, black dress. It finished just above her knee and exposed an awful lot of cleavage. "So woman in the 21st-century dress like prostitutes, then."

Klara eyed the dress up and down, she tilted her head as she did so. "I've actually seen a lot worse." Rebekah, who clearly didn't understand what Klara meant, furrowed her brows. "What I'm trying to say is that it's really not as revealing and as short as you think it is compared to what most girls wear these days."

Rebekah sighed. "You know, I got dirty looks for wearing trousers."

"You wore trousers so women today could wear nothing." Klaus retorted with a smile.

"And what is this music? It sounds like a cable car accident." Rebekah's eyes were drawn to the speakers that dangled from the ceiling. 

Klara stepped forward and perched herself on the arm of the chair that Stefan was sitting in. "It's dance music." He vaguely explained to the blonde, who once again, looked baffled.

"People dance to this?"

"Are we done?" Klaus asked his little sister. 

The blonde Original vampire pouted toward her brother. "And why are you so grumpy?"

"I needed one thing from you for my witch to find out why my Hybrids are dying. One thing—your necklace. And you lost it." Klaus snapped back at Rebekah. Of course, Klara and Stefan both knew where the necklace was. It was hanging around Elena Gilbert's neck—the doppelganger that was in fact supposed to be dead.

"I didn't lose it. It's just been missing for ninety years." Rebekah pointedly snapped at her brother and then turned her eyes toward Stefan. "So, what do you think?"

"I like it." Stefan returned and strained smile and a nod but it was quite obvious that he was lying. Rebekah gave him a look of disapproval. "What? I said I like it?"

"I can always tell when you're lying, Stefan."

"Okay." Klara pulled herself up from the arm of the chair and headed over toward the clothing racks. She pulled out a pair of shorts and a white shirt and handed it to Rebekah. "Try this." The Original skeptically looked back at her. "Just— trust me, okay? If anyone can help you find an outfit, it'll be me."