𝐅𝐈𝐕𝐄

CHAPTER FIVE | THE RECKONING

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

KLAUS KNEW THERE WAS SOMETHING WRONG, THAT MUCH WAS CLEAR. In a bid to try and work out what Klara and Stefan had been so desperate to keep hidden, they ventured back to their home town—Mystic Falls. Klara groaned lowly as she picked herself up from the floor of the truck. Stefan was still unconscious as she gazed over at him, only to hear Rebekah's sadistic chuckle. "What's so funny?"

"The lengths you two have gone to in order to keep my brother from killing everyone you love." Rebekah tilted her head. She was now a far cry from her friendly demeanor when they were in Chicago. "Must be important."

"Where's Klaus?" The blonde looked around anxiously just as a groan escaped her Stefan's lips. He jolted upright and immediately noticed Rebekah stood just outside the truck. Stefan looked around, bewildered. "What happened?"

"You both took a beating. My brother's been breaking your necks all afternoon." Rebekah folded her arms across her chest as if she took pleasure in explaining what had happened to them. "Quite the temper."

Klara tilted her head while Stefan tried to get up to his feet. "But, I don't understand. Why are we back in Mystic Falls?"

"You can both stop playing dumb now." Both vampires looked at each other anxiously. "It didn't take him long to figure out what you've been hiding."

"We're not hiding anything. We've done everything Klaus has asked us to."

"No. You both just failed to mention that the doppelganger's still alive." Rebekah revealed with a smirk on her face once both their faces fell.

"You didn't answer my question before. Where is Klaus?" Klara repeated though her voice was a lot harsher than before, now she knew that her friend was in danger.

"With any luck, ripping that cow's bloody head off."

Stefan and Klara both sped straight out of the back of the truck and pinned Rebekah to the ground. "Where is she?"

"You both really care about her, don't you?" Rebekah pushed both of the vampires off of her with ease and then pinned Stefan to the door of the truck. She grabbed a crowbar and whacked him across the face with it until Klara grabbed her by the hair and threw her away from Stefan.

"Leave him alone, Rebekah," Klara growled with her vampire face showing, her fangs were prominent as Rebekah got up to her feet with a chuckle.

The blonde rushed toward Klara and whacked her over the head with the crowbar, then she used it to stab Stefan before she headed straight inside the school.

"Klara. Hey, Klara. Come on, wake up!" Stefan's voice called out as he tapped the unconscious blonde's cheek. Eventually, her eyes fluttered open. "Klaus—he's got Elena. I need to get in there.