The Meeting

My alarm clocked blasted the annoying tune right on time. Moaning in displeasure, I hit it to shut it up.

"5:30 a.m. is way to damn early," I think as I get out of my warm bed. I walk up to my mirror to start getting ready for training. I see a short tan girl. She has long black hair in a mess, dark brown eyes still covered by sleep, and small red lips in a frown. I reach for the brush and start to tackle my tangled hair. After untangling my hair I put it into two braids. I walk down to my wardrobe to grab my training suit. I soon find the black suit and throw it on. I take my butterfly knives and throwing needles and walk down to the training center

"Morning, sunshine" A cocky, deep voice says. I look up to see Hok'ee. He wears the same suit and has his normal bow.

"What's up, wolf," I say to him as I put my weapons onto the table. I call him wolf since that's the meaning of his name, high backed wolf.

"Nothing much, today is the day we get our mission. Are you nervous?" He asked me as he walked to the table where I was standing.

"Not really, I'm the girl who took the head of the Italian mafia down, remember?" I said to him. I look up to see his deep brown eyes. Today he has his long, dark brown hair into two low pig tails.

"Of course, how could I have forgotten. You came back only 3 hours in and the boss thought you didn't kill him," he said with a chuckle.

"Hey it wasn't my fault I killed him fast; it was easy," I said with a playful smile. I get some throwing knives from the wall. I walk over to the targets to practice my aim. Taking a death breathe, I start to run toward the moving targets. I jump and throw the first knife. From that jump, I land onto a box and easy throw the second knife there and soon jump down the boxes to throw my final knife.

"Very nice, your form is getting way better," wolf compliments me. I smile a thankful smile toward him. For all those 16 years of training, I am surprised at how far I have gotten. I've been home schooled all this time and have graduated early. Now all I do is train and help my government.

"Where is everyone else by the way?"  I asked him.

"Oh, you didn't get the message?" He said in surprised. I looked up to him.

"What message?" I asked in worry.

"The boss will call you and you guys will have a meeting," he said with a casual tone. I looked in fear.

"How are you not scared?" I asked him in worry.

"I haven't done anything bad lately, have you?" He asked me. I didn't responded,"right, you should be worried."

"Oh God, I'm so screwed," I say as I grab my two braids. On cue, the speakers blast out my name saying it was my turn. I look up to wolf in fear.

"You will be fine," he says with a smile. I hug him and walk off to the boss' room.

I enter quietly and sit down on the chair in front of him. I look up to see his dark blue eyes and wrinkled face. Hair is fully white and combed back.

"Anaba, do you know why you're here?" He asked me.

"No, sir," I replied with honesty.

"We have a mission you may have ,but it's not the normal mission we normally have," He said slowly.I look up in surprise.

"Who do I have to kill, sir?" I asked him. This has become a normal thing for me now.

"This time, you do not need to kill anyone," He said. He grabed a black bag and took out the file,"You will be working with Hok'ee. You two would move to Virginia for at least 9 months, maybe longer."

"Oh, that does not sound hard. Which district are we attacking?" I asked him. I see him open the file and pass it across to me.

"We are not attacking ,but we are not there ally," he said," You are mostly going to be dealing with the Russians."

I open the file and start to scan the print. We are to keep peace with the Russians. I notice the name of the town is Jamestown, Virginia. Upon reading the last paragraph I look up to my boss.

"Boss, are you serious? I have to go to high school?" I ask him in confusion. I graduated this year early.

"I'm afraid so. We are trying to keep you as normal as possible," he said to me in a low tone. I nod in understanding,"It's okay. You have trained all your life. High school is nothing"

"Okay, sir," I say to him with a smile.

"Oh, and how many times have I told you to call me dad?" My adoptive father said with a warm.

"Only once today, dad," I say with a playful smile. He smiles back at me and laughs.

"Go with your wolf. He already knows," he says with a small laugh still there. We both stand up and smile.

I walk out and go find wolf. I go over to the garden to find him asleep. Walking up to him, and pat his head to wake him up.

"Wake up, sleeping beauty," I say with a laugh. He soon wakes up and glares are me.

"Why you wake me up?" he says with a groan.

"We have to start packing," I say with a smile," We leave tomorrow."