A Heartless Man Capable Of Love

"Zheng Tianyi, please—"

BANG!

A beautiful woman was pushed and thrown onto the floor. Her perfectly curled hair was a mess, her makeup was ruined, and bruises were beginning to form on her wrists.

Glowering eyes filled with pure hatred and disgust stared down at her. He was supposed to be her loved fiance, the man she would soon wed in one year. Yet, here he was, glaring daggers into her.

The look he gave her was bone-chilling as if she had brutally slaughtered his entire family. Was it possible to hate someone so much to the point of where their eyes were practically burning with animosity?

A simple glance at his infuriated eyes was enough to freeze someone's blood.

Xia Mengxi, a petite woman whose face screamed innocence, was standing beside the ruthless man. Her dainty arms were wrapped around his biceps. Pure, docile, gentle, and anything sweet could be used to describe Xia Mengxi. Her skin was pale, like the first fall of snow. Her face was small and adorable, like a cherished and doted bunny.

Because of her meek nature, laidback smiles, and the allure of a female lead, she always provoked the protective nature of men — more specifically, Zheng Tianyi, who vowed to ruin anyone that dared to harm her.

Zhao Lifei, his childhood friend for two decades and beloved fiancee for one decade, was unfortunate enough to experience this treatment.

"You disgust me." Zheng Tianyi spat out each word, every syllable prickling her heart.

Zhao Lifei felt like the villain of their Cinderella story that seemed to walk right out of a Korean drama. It was one that involved a poor and miserable Xia Mengxi who managed to capture the heart and attention of a brutal, but incredibly handsome billionaire.

"Don't touch me with your dirty hands." His voice, so dark, but smooth and pleasant to the ears, echoed throughout the room.

The socialites of Shenbei watched from the corner. Their mouths moved non-stop as they mocked, gossiped, and laughed at the honorable Zhao Lifei whose reputation was pushed to ruins.

Zhao Lifei glanced up at the man. Her heart was torn in every direction and painfully ached from his antagonizing stares.

Zheng Tianyi looked at her like she was the scum at the bottom of his shoes — something that was always with him and would never let go.

"Tianyi, I-"

"Did I allow you to call me that? You vengeful b*tch." He snarled at her, his voice dangerously low.

Zhao Lifei felt a pang within her heart. She looked at him as if she had been brutally kicked. When did it all go wrong?

Zhao Lifei had dedicated all of her time, attention, and life to him. When he needed help in his company, she was there as the influential daughter of the Zhao family.

She helped him pull strings, threatened the people, did the dirty work, and allowed herself to be pushed into the brink of insanity. She worried over issues that he should've cared about. And while she slaved away at his desk, Zheng Tianyi was with his lover halfway across the world.

Zhao Lifei's long, slender fingers curled into fists. Because of her naivety and heart, she had decided to fall deeply in love with him.

Zheng Tianyi narrowed his eyes at her pathetic state.

He couldn't believe in his youth, he thought this lowly woman deserved the title of a friend. When she was a child, she was quite normal and caring. Now that she has gotten older, he saw how much of a crazy woman she was.