fifty six

+

+

It wasn't that late yet. Maybe around sunset—but I didn't have any other intentions then to meet with my brother again. Mostly because I wanted to piss my old man off by doing exactly what he didn't want me to do. I didn't care that it was practically a big 'fuck you!' to his face. He deserved it. Pissing on my brothers name like that. He barely knew the guy anyway. My stand in family meeting my real family. Least he could do is act somewhat excited. Even if he had to fake it. I didn't wanna see him scoffing and rolling his eyes at my big brother.

Finding him at his hotel, a nicer one on the upper parts of the tourist division in Kumogakure, I knocked on the door. He didn't answer though, which was pretty weird, as I was pretty sure I saw some shadows moving around inside.

Glancing around to make sure no one was around to see me being a stalker, I creeped over and peered through the window, squinting through the sheer curtains.

I didn't see anything at first, but after squinting for a few more minutes, I caught sight of what looked like a giant shadow giant moving across the room. Which was... weird. Then there was some weird groaning noises. Which sounded like they were coming from Hajime!

Wait... what if someone had broke in and was trying to attack him?! Like hell I would let someone lay their grubby little fingers on my brother. They were gonna get a piece of me before that happened.

Pulling a kunai out from my pouch, I channeled chakra into the blade, before walking over to the door. Taking a deep breath, I lifted my hand, before slamming it into the crack between the door and door frame. Thankfully the lock was suited for someone who wasn't a shinobi—so it sliced through the lock like butter. I wrenched the door open and charged into the room, kunai still in hand to jump at whoever was trying to take out my brother.

On the bed was my brother, shirtless, only... he wasn't alone. A girl—ahem... the same girl who he had come into the village with, and had given me some major lip— was sitting on his lap. Her hands were weaved through his hair, her lips running down his neck. His head was tipped to the side, allowing her more access to his skin.

"Holy SHIT!" I gasped, slamming a hand to my eyes. Not waiting for either of them to say, look, or even make an expression at the fact I'd walked in on a makeout session, I turned on my heel and strutted right out the door, slamming it behind me.

There was the distant call of Hajime shouting my name, but there was no way in hell I was gonna stand there stone faced as he pushed the girl off of him to address his little sister. The least I could do was stand on the balcony stone faced, waiting for him to put on a shirt and talk to me.

A couple minutes later, the door opened. Hajime, now wearing a white tee-shirt, leaned against the balcony, staring out at the view of Kumo. He let out an awkward sigh, but I still didn't say anything, lips pursed in the worst poker face imaginable.