𝐒𝐈𝐗

CHAPTER SIX | SMELLS LIKE TEEN SPIRIT

─── ・ 。゚☆: *.☽ .* :☆゚. ───

FOR THE FIRST TIME IN MONTHS, KLARA WOKE IN HER OWN BED. After Stefan fed on Elena, she took her home where the doppelganger assured her that she would be fine. Klara then headed back to the Salvatore Boarding house and explained everything to Damon and in the midst of that, Stefan returned home, too. 

"Woah," Damon called out from Klara's bedroom door when he noticed textbooks in hand and a bag over her shoulder. "What—Where are you off to?"

"Uh. School." The blonde shrugged as if it were obvious where she was heading. "It's the first day of Senior Year, Damon."

"You do realize you're a vampire now, right? I don't think you're attendance is mandatory." Damon mocked with a slight smile as he moved inside the bedroom.

"Elena's heading in. I wanted to make sure she was okay, you know?" Klara tilted her head sympathetically and Damon nodded slowly. "I just— I feel guilty. I could've done more."

"More than attempt to get yourself killed?" Damon stepped closer to the vampire, a pointed look on his face. "You could not have done more than you already did. And, Elena has a martyr complex, so—" He shrugged.

"You're all class, aren't you?"

"Humour is the only thing getting me through my days." Damon gleefully smiled back at his friend, who rolled her eyes and walked down the staircase with him. "You know, it's great to have you back."

"Feels great to be back." Klara shot him a smile.

As the two walked further down the staircase, they heard voices and music blaring through the speakers. Dead bodies of females were spread across the house as they passed the corridor and into the parlor where Stefan was playing Twister with a bunch of compelled girls.

"Uh-oh. Alexandra. Left hand, please." He grinned toward a brunette female who simply offered him her left wrist which he sank his teeth into with ease.

Klara gasped in horror at the state of the room. She had never seen Stefan like that, it was as if she was staring at someone completely unrecognizable.  The stench of the blood filled her nostrils, but she just kept her breathing steady and tried not to focus on it. "You're kidding me, right?"

"Hey, the two brunettes on the staircase owe me a Persian rug," Damon called out which interrupted Stefan who eventually pulled away from the girl's wrist.

"You mean, they owe us a Persian rug?" He corrected whilst he wiped the blood from his lips. "It's my house, too, brother. Oh! Would either of you like a spin?"

"So this is what Klaus had in mind when he compelled you to protect Elena?" Damon asked pointedly as he stepped inside the room.

"These ladies are helping me be all that I can be."